oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds United (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga (pen))

Yeah can't have any complaints about Ayalas attitude, although he is often walking a fine line. He definatley committed a needless fould on Ayling, but that resulted in him winning a penalty :) He's often guilty of holding the opposition too much and and some point it will result in a penalty given away. However he showed some steel and determination against Leeds, something senior players like Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Braithwaite and Howson failed to do. If all our players had the attitude of Ayala I don't think we would have lost that game. Him and Downing looked like the only two who genuinely cared and wanted something from the game.

Agree 100%

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I'm going to mention about yesterday is that Ayala's attitude was an absolute disgrace, showed the club up, he was more interested in wrestling the Leeds players than he was playing football, the man is a top class ***,it may have been a fiesty atmosphere but as a professional footballer of his experience you'd expect him to rise above it, he was behaving like a child on the pitch yesterday

I don't condone what he did but Ayala got battered from pillar to post by the Leeds defence. He was clearly targeted. I think he did very well to contain himself the way he did. I think you've gone a bit OTT Bishop.

Agree that some of the Leeds players were doing the exact same (but i would expect that form such a scummy club), for me there's a difference between playing physically and how Ayala was playing, he was grabbing/pushing people over when the ball wasn't even in play which is just pathetic