[/align]

Teams – Middlesbrough v The Random Access Memories

Location – The Riverside Stadium

Competition – The Championship

Date – Sat 25th November 2017

Kick off – 15:00

Introduction

Thread is loading…. Please wait….

Thread is installing updates… Update 1 of 10908 installing... 1% complete….

Some time later…

Update Complete.

Welcome

The Last Games

Boro:

Boro 2 – 0 Birmingham

On a rainy, windy day in Teesside, the Boro battled to a soggy victory against the brummies.

Boro’s two goals were scored by Assombalonga, the man with more braces than a 20’s gangster-themed party.

A lovely microchip from Fabio to set Britt up for the second goal was the moment of the evening. #SKILLS (or whatever the young people say these days)

Derby:

Derby 2 – 0 QPR

Vydra and Lawrence got the goals in a clinical win over Ian Holloway’s Queens Park Strangers. 45.6% of fan’s on the Derby forum gave their team a 7/10 rating for their performance against QPR. Derby were in control for most of the game and got back to winning ways after a disappointing couple of results previously.

Availability/Injury News

Boro:

:) - Tavernier recently crashed. Doctors are attempting a reboot.

Derby:

:( - Jason Shackell has a Calf injury, but other than that, Gary Rowett has a healthy squad to select from.

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: LWWWLW

Derby: WWWLDW

The View From The Other Side

From https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/27688-v-boro-a-predictions/

From the poll on their forum, only 11.7% of their fans believe they will win and 45.6% believe they will lose on Saturday.

In all my years of supporting derby I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a derby team win at the riverside... we’d have more chance against Barcelona

Boro 3-1 Derby Vydra fgs”

Can’t really see us winning this one. A draw at best”

I'm going 0-0 as while Gary has indeed made us difficult to score against, we never score at boro”

4-1 Boro ( davis). AssombolongolongotheydrinkitinthecongoHat trick”

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

Derby foolishly installed a copy of this last transfer window:

QqZNI73.jpg

and it successfully got rid of their unwanted Cyruses. Fortunately the Boro have a much more laid back approach to cyber-security and contracted Christie in the summer. The right back has been a key player for Garry Monk and is sure to cause a lot of damage against his previous host with his infectious playing style.

Bamford and Downing should play on the wings to give the Boro some much needed bandwidth going forwards.

Boro to Excel and win 2-0. Bamford and Assombalonga to score. Word.

Conversation starters

- Score, team, formation?

- Where does Gibbo need to splash the cache in the January Windows in order to upgrade?

- Will Nugent score against us?

- Do Boro have a Limited License to thrill yet?

Start > Power > Install updates and shut Down.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Has traore done enough to start..I’d doubt it. Has Johnson done enough to keep tavinier out if he recovers from his “injuries” Probably see the same team with traore and bamford maybe trusted to come on earlier.

And does he start Clayton for howson I think he will go for forshaw

Think the only changes will be Forshaw for suspended Howson, and possibly Tav for Johnson if fit.

I'd like to have Bamford in for Johnson, as he looked sharp when he came off the bench and always seems to score against Derby.

This is going to be a really tough game and I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win all day long.

Excellent opening to the thread. Well done boro-unger. I would like to see Bamford start for sure. Did he score a brace against Derby for us when he was here on loan? Something in the back of the old grey matter tells me he might have.

Just looked it up. He scored the first and was taken down for a penalty for the second in a 2-0 win

Would also love to see Bamford start.

Downing----Bamford-----Braithewaite

Britt

I've been heavily critical of Downing and to be fair the few games I've actually managed to watch hes been average at best. However he seems to have played well against Brum and he does seem to have a good understanding with Christie. I'd rather see Bamford in the middle, he'll get closer to Britt and to my understanding Braithwaite has played a large part of his career from the left. Those 3 are all semi comfortable in either role behind Britt so could be interchanged during the match.

Would also love to see Bamford start.

Downing----Bamford-----Braithewaite

Britt

I've been heavily critical of Downing and to be fair the few games I've actually managed to watch hes been average at best. However he seems to have played well against Brum and he does seem to have a good understanding with Christie. I'd rather see Bamford in the middle, he'll get closer to Britt and to my understanding Braithwaite has played a large part of his career from the left. Those 3 are all semi comfortable in either role behind Britt so could be interchanged during the match.

Agree Dan

Their might be an argument for starting Bamford over Britt for this one. Bamford does well against Derby, he thrives off the stick they give him. Whereas Britt did not thrive off the stick the forest fans gave him he actually played poorly that game i thought (although its possible its just the fact its his ex club), but you can practically guarantee the derby fans will see him as the anti Christ possibly even more so than Bamford. Monk wont do it btw im just saying theirs a possible argument. With Howson suspended my team is rather alternative this week -

.................................Randolph...............................

Christie........Gibson..........Ayala..................Fabio

.................Leadbitter...Clayton...Baker..............

.....................................Braithwaite...........................

........................Bamford...........Britt............................

The idea is that when we go forward Baker and Braithwaite have free roles behind the strikers but when we are defending Baker drops back into a central midfield role.

Their might be an argument for starting Bamford over Britt for this one. Bamford does well against Derby, he thrives off the stick they give him. Whereas Britt did not thrive off the stick the forest fans gave him he actually played poorly that game i thought (although its possible its just the fact its his ex club), but you can practically guarantee the derby fans will see him as the anti Christ possibly even more so than Bamford. Monk wont do it btw im just saying theirs a possible argument. With Howson suspended my team is rather alternative this week -

The idea is that when we go forward Baker and Braithwaite have free roles behind the strikers but when we are defending Baker drops back into a central midfield role.

You’d drop Downing?

Thomas, I think it's massively unlikely that Downing will be dropped after his best performances of the season. I do think your line-up looks interesting as an option maybe later in the season.

I think, like most, Forshaw will start for Howson, but I'd really like to see Baker get another shot. I'd also play Bamford for Johnson, but I don't think Monk will.

Their might be an argument for starting Bamford over Britt for this one. Bamford does well against Derby, he thrives off the stick they give him. Whereas Britt did not thrive off the stick the forest fans gave him he actually played poorly that game i thought (although its possible its just the fact its his ex club), but you can practically guarantee the derby fans will see him as the anti Christ possibly even more so than Bamford. Monk wont do it btw im just saying theirs a possible argument. With Howson suspended my team is rather alternative this week  -

You’d drop Downing?

If i was to play downing it would be in place of Baker in that team, it was actually close Downing hasnt done badly recently admittedly but i think we are gonna need someone in the middle to help nick the ball and break quickly so i marginally decided Baker.

To think, if we'd not beaten Brum yesterday, this awesome thread wouldn't have existed and I'd have been doing it instead. Gosh. Fantastic opening post.

- Score, team, formation?

1-0

4-2-3-1

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Fabio

Forshaw Leadbitter

Downing Braithwaite Bamford

Assombalonga

I've disagreed with Bamford on the left. But let's be honest, nobody in this entire squad has excelled on the left-hand side. And it's a route for Bamford into the team. He will undoubtedly move around with Braithwaite and Downing as part of the 3.

- Where does Gibbo need to splash the cache in the January Windows in order to upgrade?

Needs to go all out and bring in Jeremy Corbyn. Nobody else is good enough for the left-wing.

- Will Nugent score against us?

Probably going to regret saying this but... no.

- Do Boro have a Limited License to thrill yet?

They may have bought the license but they're not utilising all the features together often enough

Thomas, I think it's massively unlikely that Downing will be dropped after his best performances of the season. I do think your line-up looks interesting as an option maybe later in the season.

I think, like most, Forshaw will start for Howson, but I'd really like to see Baker get another shot. I'd also play Bamford for Johnson, but I don't think Monk will.

Agreed Downing will start baring any late injury, Monk wont drop him after Brum game where it was his best performance for this season in my opinion. Foreshaw starting for Howson is an interesting one btw I dont have anything against that but I wonder what Clayton has done to fall so far? and I wonder how match fit Foreshaw is atm.

I mentioned on Twitter when the Gazette asked the question of Clayts vs. Forshaw to take Howson's place. For me, I can't see any way it won't be Forshaw. Simply because Monk's side since the Reading game has been pretty predictable. The fact Forshaw has been the benched option coming on for Leadbitter a few times for me means it's a given that he comes in when Howson goes out. The most interesting choice for me will be seeing who comes in for Forshaw on the bench. Its surely going to be Clayton or Baker and I think either's inclusion in the squad could say an awful lot about the trust in the other right now.