oneBoro Forum

Nice 0-1 to derby you have their once shotton gets an own goal

I'm walking out before kick-off if I find out Shotton's playing.

To be fair that is a very poor team. Im thinking it will be same team as wednesday barring forshaw for howson. Clayton on the bench.

Not sure Leads has 3 games in 6 days in him anymore

i actually put that team on as a test to see what reaction it would get. because it is the most negative defensive team i could put out without making it a blatant micky take. 4cb's, 2 fullbacks 3 defensive barely creative cm's and britt. :D

shotton and leadbitter getting early abuse but still forgetting gibbo at left back and only 1 attacking player lol. 

i was bored  :P

Of course you did ;)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Which BORO will turn up, who will be played, what formation will we play. That’s the issue, we don’t have an identity. This game is the game to really show us who we are and where we are as a club. How far we have come and where we are heading.

We might lack a philosophical identity on the pitch right now but I think the personnel and formation are pretty much a given right now. I might be wrong but things have been pretty consistent since the Reading game.

Nice 0-1 to derby you have their once shotton gets an own goal

I'm walking out before kick-off if I find out Shotton's playing.

To be fair that is a very poor team. Im thinking it will be same team as wednesday barring forshaw for howson. Clayton on the bench.

Not sure Leads has 3 games in 6 days in him anymore

i actually put that team on as a test to see what reaction it would get. because it is the most negative defensive team i could put out without making it a blatant micky take. 4cb's, 2 fullbacks 3 defensive barely creative cm's and britt. :D

shotton and leadbitter getting early abuse but still forgetting gibbo at left back and only 1 attacking player lol. 

i was bored  :P

That’s because that team is a blatant micky take :D

Is there another thread about our starting XI? Apologies I must have missed it if there is. And yes, Derby are one of the most in-form teams in the league. Which part of that angers you so much? So far today I have been called a racist and been berated for starting a thread about the team I would pick for today and mentioning that our opponents are currently 3rd in the form table (always based on the past 6 games by the way not 5) so we need to be at it from the start.

Weird.

:huh:

People usually do starting XI's in the matchday thread, making a new one just dilutes the conversation between two threads.

I don't know what gave you the impression that I was angry about what you'd said, especially given I used the word interesting....

Other points:

To say form is only EVER done over 6 games is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

The racist comment was clearly tongue in cheek, so don't get your knickers in a twist over it.

You seem quite over dramatic, just chill out a bit.

Which BORO will turn up, who will be played, what formation will we play. That’s the issue, we don’t have an identity. This game is the game to really show us who we are and where we are as a club. How far we have come and where we are heading.

We might lack a philosophical identity on the pitch right now but I think the personnel and formation are pretty much a given right now. I might be wrong but things have been pretty consistent since the Reading game.

Yep agreed think Monk has at least settled on a formation, like you said it's been pretty consistent since Reading, and we've won 4 out of those 5.

Is there another thread about our starting XI? Apologies I must have missed it if there is. And yes, Derby are one of the most in-form teams in the league. Which part of that angers you so much? So far today I have been called a racist and been berated for starting a thread about the team I would pick for today and mentioning that our opponents are currently 3rd in the form table (always based on the past 6 games by the way not 5) so we need to be at it from the start.

Weird.

:huh:

People usually do starting XI's in the matchday thread, making a new one just dilutes the conversation between two threads.

I don't know what gave you the impression that I was angry about what you'd said, especially given I used the word interesting....

Other points:

To say form is only EVER done over 6 games is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

The racist comment was clearly tongue in cheek, so don't get your knickers in a twist over it.

You seem quite over dramatic, just chill out a bit.

Current form tables usually are based on the last 6 games

No, not over dramatic, just feeling my way into the forum and not wanting to upset anybody. Form is always based on last 6 games. That is just how it is. Derby are 3rd and we are 3 or 4 spots below them. I think it was a relevant point to make. Big test for us today against a good side in form.

The criticism from some supporters, and I can empathise with their concerns, is that we have not done it against a top half side in form. I point to Sheff Utd to counter that argument but as I said I can see the crux of their opinion. Today, we have a very much in-form, top side visiting the Riverside.

Time to lay down a marker for the rest of the season Boro.

Big day ahead.

Yep agreed think Monk has at least settled on a formation, like you said it's been pretty consistent since Reading, and we've won 4 out of those 5.

Jimmy can’t deny 4 from 5 is good but lets also remember they are bottem clubs. Today is a test, the sum of our worth.