• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We play two defensive mids... and concede three at home. Can't score against any half organised side. I honestly think this will get worse before it gets better, we have some tough games coming up.

I really hope Gibson is looking at his options right now.

They weren't playing as defensive mids at all today.

Fry is definitely not the answer especially coming into a team that is struggling.

It will kill his confidence as he's not good enough and the fickle boro fans will crucify him every single mistake he makes.

Apart from today we have looked a lot better with Ayala and Gibson as a partnership.

Defensively Fabio and Christie are extremely poor and leave our CB'S exposed time and time again with their poor positioning.

Fans who want rid of Monk seriously need to give their head a shake... it's pointless getting into that argument as we all know Gibson will not get rid of Monk anytime soon as it's not his style and he doesn't have the bottle.

We need the entire left hand side strengthening in January.

Weird game. Thought we played really well first half, probably should have been winning if Assombalonga had his scoring boots on.

Ridiculous switch off by Braithwaite, and then Ayala to effectively kill the game off before we had a chance to get ourselves back in.

No words for Ayala, annoyed me even more that he wasted even more time after getting sent off by doing the slowest walk off of all time.

Still don't think Gibson will sack Monk this season. My prediction is we'll keep winning a few, then lose a couple. Probs make playoffs and then anyone's guess.

Absolutely pathetic, but I said on here weeks ago that I had totally put automatic promotion out of my mind.

I still think we'll make the playoffs, but this team is in a serious transitional period and we should expect another season of this before we go up.

Said it time and time again but Ayala is an absolute bloody liability, hope we get shot of him in January and either bring someone else in or allow Fry to continue his development and build a partnership with Gibson.

Totally agree

Anyone saying Fry isn't good enough, would you rather Shotton come in? You can't deny that Ayala isn't the player he once was. He shows flashes of it for a few games at a time but he could and should have been sent off at Leeds and there are no words for what happened today.

Just got back from game (left after Ayalas red card I was that disgusted with the performance after the first 20 mins), ive seen 6 games this season with only one victory against Sunderland tbh we should have lost that game as well. Despite winning 4 out of 6 the two decent teams weve played weve lost against. Monk has got to go he doesn't know how to organise or drill a team, he did not know that ayala was going to get sent off whereas during half time i put a bet on him getting sent off which recouped some of my money. Im seriously considering not going again until Monk goes and ive sat through 2 relegation's and stracken.

Probably all been said already, but I thought first half we were on top. It was all boro and we just got caught by a sucker punch against the run of play. If there'd been someone in the box to put away one of the many balls we were flashing across goal, the outcome might have been different.

Second half was pretty much sabotaged by Ayala. Good defender but he's far too hot headed at times. Randy made some good saves, or it could have been more. God knows why we brought on Fry?! Trying to defend a 3-0 deficit??

Downing had a decent game (although,does anyone know how long it's been since we scored from a corner?) And Fabio was pretty good as well.

Didn't help that the ref was giving them everything.

Anyone saying Fry isn't good enough, would you rather Shotton come in? You can't deny that Ayala isn't the player he once was. He shows flashes of it for a few games at a time but he could and should have been sent off at Leeds and there are no words for what happened today.

Tbh D.Z, if Ayala is to be dropped, Gibson needs dropping aswell. He was absolutely woeful today. I fully agree with everyone that the second yellow was absolutely ridiculous and a completely stupid challenge, and the slow walk off the pitch took the ***, but what on earth has Gibson done for his first yellow, he's completely threw him under the bus.

I personally can't put blame for the penalty on Ayala either, Braithwaite's hospital ball has put Nugent straight onto the defence and he plays a ball for Vydra which Ayala has to stretch for and he just clipped Vydra, Braithwaite has completely killed Gibson and Ayala with the pass.

The amount of times Gibson tried to clear the ball and just shanked it into the air or completely missed the ball today aswell was very worrying.

I know its easier to say drop Ayala because he's not one of our own, he's had a sketchy year or so, and Ben had a very good season last year, but this season he hasn't been up to it at all. In the last 5 or 6 games Ayala has been the better of the 2 comfortably IMO, and a few other people have said the same.

Okay so another poor performance that we didn't want.

I have my reservations about Monk in the bigger games. But, for people calling for him to go, who would you want to come in instead?

Return of Karanka?

Pullis?

Pearson?

Gibson wouldn't look abroad again and let's be honest, after the investment he has put in, I don't see Gibson sacking Monk before the season finishes.

Didn't here the starting 11 till I walked in the ground and thought OH Dear!. When you play Clayton & Forshaw in the same side that's what you get in midfield nothing. Johnson looks like a player out of his depth and has had one decent game so far.

Ayala today absolute nightmare, needless penalty, stupid foul in the oppositions half, Gibson looks a shadow of the player from last season.

We have a good keeper but he needs to start just clearing the ball rather than trying to play football with it in the box and causing himself unnecessary problems.

Watching us this season do we look like a side capable of promotion, definitely not.

Monk has had a fair bit of stick on here and to be honest its hard for me to defend him, particularly after today's shambles, shocking performance.