oneBoro Forum

Anyone saying Fry isn't good enough, would you rather Shotton come in? You can't deny that Ayala isn't the player he once was. He shows flashes of it for a few games at a time but he could and should have been sent off at Leeds and there are no words for what happened today.

Tbh D.Z, if Ayala is to be dropped, Gibson needs dropping aswell. He was absolutely woeful today. I fully agree with everyone that the second yellow was absolutely ridiculous and a completely stupid challenge, and the slow walk off the pitch took the ***, but what on earth has Gibson done for his first yellow, he's completely threw him under the bus.

I personally can't put blame for the penalty on Ayala either, Braithwaite's hospital ball has put Nugent straight onto the defence and he plays a ball for Vydra which Ayala has to stretch for and he just clipped Vydra, Braithwaite has completely killed Gibson and Ayala with the pass.

The amount of times Gibson tried to clear the ball and just shanked it into the air or completely missed the ball today aswell was very worrying.

I know its easier to say drop Ayala because he's not one of our own, he's had a sketchy year or so, and Ben had a very good season last year, but this season he hasn't been up to it at all. In the last 5 or 6 games Ayala has been the better of the 2 comfortably IMO, and a few other people have said the same.

The first yellow was just a repeat on our initial kick off, Gibson stopped it for Ayala to punt forwards on both occasions, just Nugent was wise to it the second time and charged it down. Really not sure how that can be blamed on Gibson?

Gibson was actually our third highest rated player according to the Boro stats guy on twitter, I think it's a case of people expecting the Gibson of last season rather than him being particularly bad. Just not at his previously very high level. I only remember two incidents of him miskicking or shanking a clearance, one of each, the miskick he dealt with in the end.

I don't buy your defence of Ayala on the penalty either, yes Braithwaite was at fault for his pass, but Ayala dangled a leg when there was absolutely no need to Vydra was going away from goal and almost definitely losing the foot race to the ball with Christie. It was an idiotic thing to do and he deserved to be sent off.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When he tried to lay it off to Ayala Will he got absolutely nothing on the ball and left it well short, there's no way Nugent gets to that ball in time otherwise.

It looked from my angle in the stadium Vydra was running clean through on goal from the pass as opposed to moving away from the goal also, I'll have to rewatch that.

When he tried to lay it off to Ayala Will he got absolutely nothing on the ball and left it well short, there's no way Nugent gets to that ball in time otherwise.

It looked from my angle in the stadium Vydra was running clean through on goal from the pass as opposed to moving away from the goal also, I'll have to rewatch that.

I honestly didn't see anything different between the first and second, Gibson was essentially just stopping it for Ayala to punt.

Best first 45 mins we’ve played all season, how we went in one down I’ll never know, individual mistakes second half cost us simples, Johnson out of his depth, Forshaw tippy tippy, Ayala reckless apart from that we actually played well, the turning point was the 2nd goal after that we were chasing shadows, if we play like the 1st half we’ll be ok but we’ve got to cut out errors.

Randolph - 5. Some decent saves, but honestly shouldn't be kicking out with his feet under pressure not sure i blame him or the defenders either way cost us a goal and needs sorting.

Christie - 8 Outstanding shift today and was one of the best players on the pitch.

Ayala - 3. He either stupidly got sent off or deliberately either way its unacceptable.

Gibson - 5. Poor performance, has the attention gone to his head?

Fabio - 8 missed a sitter with that chance but i wish every player had his heart.

Clayton - 5. Leadbitter and clayton i think offer better balance than foreshaw and clayton in my view and he slowed the play down but was solid.

Forshaw - 6. Tidy but did not do enough second half.

Johnson - 6 Poor but cant fault his effort.

Braithwaite - 5. Ok but his mistake led to penalty

Downing - 6. Not a great game but one of the best players out their today.

Assombalonga - 4. Missed some good chances and was lazy today (vydra was twice the striker he was today)

With Fabio, at what point does it go from heart to stupidity? He squared up to Huddlestone again after he'd already been booked for fighting with him and did not stop giving Huddlestone evils for a good 5 minutes, he was proper shouting something at him for a while and not one bit of him was focused on the game for those moments. He was completely out of position and unaware of the rest of the game around him.

Well what a gruelling and torturous 500 mile round trip that was!

Shameful, error prone and sometimes bordering on madness displays shown by Boro today!

Only a handful of players can hold their heads up.

I am so annoyed about what I saw today and listened on the radio on the way back after the game.

Yes Garry Monk made me smile saying the f word on the radio, Ben Gibson said all the right things afterwards but it is down to the players.

Folks were saying that the first half we possibly played our best football so far.....huh!

Prime example Christie, Downing and Braithwaite all close together on the right wing, some neat passes between them a great cross from Braithwaite into the goal are BUT no bloody one there to meet it, he himself should have been in the box with both Christie and Downing being able to cross the ball in.

Where was the support from the midfield, why, apart from Britt, were not Forshaw, Clayton and Johnston in the box to meet the cross? Our creativity was not there today in spades and support next to nothing when the sniff of a chance came along.

Ok I did feel if we kept it going early doors second half then we could get back into the game but then let's play football with silly mistakes came into play and well the rest was just painful history.

Those indicating that Ayala was a walking time bomb last few games were spot on, he totally and utterly let everyone down. Maybe this is because we are approaching the usual time for mystery injuries to keep him off the pitch for weeks whilst he recovers (tongue in cheek comment)

I hate to say I told you so, and pleased others have picked up on this, but the trusty trio does not work even a combo of two of them playing at the same time.

Forshaw was bloody awful start to finish, all he can do is pass sideways because all the times when a through ball was needed from him he provided a useless attempt and in the second half when he went on what was looking a decent run he fell over and the promising passage of play fell apart.

Sorry I could go on and on but I won't but I do fear for us not even being in a play off spot unless certain aspects are radically changed both in starting 11 and performances on the pitch.

Teams know our weakness's and are exploiting that. The game next week will tell if we are going to turn things round.

The number of times that we have pressed the self destruct button this season is alarming. I'm past bored of the mitigation of all of the individual errors that have led to us conceding very cheap goals this season. The book stops with Monk as far as I'm concerned. Karanka had us exceptionally well drilled defensively and individual errors to an absolute minimum so I don't see any need for us to suddenly become such a defensive shambles. Yeah today we played well in the first half and were unlucky to be 1-0 down but for us to press the self destruct button within 30 seconds of the second half is totally unprofessional, and further exposes deeper problems within the teams mentality. We seems the typical expensively assembled Championship side full of individuals who don't have the team mentality or organisation to ever get promoted - much like Derby in the past few seasons.

Before the game i posted that this game would tell us where we stand at the moment and i thought it would be a real pointer as for the rest of the season. I thought it would be a close game, possibly even a draw but always hoping for a win. What i wasn't expecting was a 3-0 drubbing and from what i have seen and heard there were some individual performances that would not look out of place in the Conference. Not sure where we go from here really. Before today i was still confident of automatic promotion and even if we had picked up a point whilst playing well my confidence wouldn't have taken too much of a hit. It was more the manner in which we lost that alarms me. Think i will go down the pub now and forget about today.

UTB

Can't help but agree with most of that Alan. Forshaw in particular, bloody terrible. Also in agreement that the first half was nowhere near as good as some have made out on here. I was hugely surprised with people being impressed with that. Johnson was useless, Braithwaite anonymous, Britt misfiring, Forshaw never considering a forward pass it seemed to me.

Gibson over rated, Alaya is a calamity. Look like others I can go on and I can research stats to prove it. Why don’t we all just accept we are pretty crap under Monk and accept we are no where near what we think we are. I would go on record and state, as a team we are the best as what we can be under Monk, or the squad we have. Simply we will be no better than what we are. It’s just yet another year of embarrassing circumstances for the town, the fans and dare I say SG. I hold no hope for the club or it’s ambition because quite simply I don’t belive they known what is required. What I mean is I belive the club is trying to sell the town and fans the product is better than they can produce. The fans are buying a product at an inflated rated.

I totally forgot we were even playing yesterday, kinda shows how much interest i have lost this season. Arrived at work and had a few wolves fans laughing at me.

Seen the shambles on youtube, i dont know what the solution is, survive this season and clear the lot out.

Gibson over rated, Alaya is a calamity. Look like others I can go on and I can research stats to prove it. Why don’t we all just accept we are pretty crap under Monk and accept we are no where near what we think we are. I would go on record and state, as a team we are the best as what we can be under Monk, or the squad we have. Simply we will be no better than what we are. It’s just yet another year of embarrassing circumstances for the town, the fans and dare I say SG. I hold no hope for the club or it’s ambition because quite simply I don’t belive they known what is required. What I mean is I belive the club is trying to sell the town and fans the product is better than they can produce. The fans are buying a product at an inflated rated.

You are overreacting to a game littered with individual mistakes. I agree that the squad put together with the best of intentions has turned out to be quite average. I do not agree with your psychology and over analysis of the club trying to over inflate the town. We spent the going rate for players, sold for the going rate players. Nobody is forced to go to matches like any other pastime you want it you pay it. Up until yesterday we had won 5 from 6?? They just had an off day get over it.