oneBoro Forum

Gibson over rated, Alaya is a calamity. Look like others I can go on and I can research stats to prove it. Why don’t we all just accept we are pretty crap under Monk and accept we are no where near what we think we are. I would go on record and state, as a team we are the best as what we can be under Monk, or the squad we have. Simply we will be no better than what we are. It’s just yet another year of embarrassing circumstances for the town, the fans and dare I say SG. I hold no hope for the club or it’s ambition because quite simply I don’t belive they known what is required. What I mean is I belive the club is trying to sell the town and fans the product is better than they can produce. The fans are buying a product at an inflated rated.

You are overreacting to a game littered with individual mistakes. I agree that the squad put together with the best of intentions has turned out to be quite average. I do not agree with your psychology and over analysis of the club trying to over inflate the town. We spent the going rate for players, sold for the going rate players. Nobody is forced to go to matches like any other pastime you want it you pay it. Up until yesterday we had won 5 from 6?? They just had an off day get over it.

It wasn't an off day was it really? We've been defending like that all season. We started the second half lethargic again and it cost us dearly. Making the same mistakes almost every week isn't a coincidence it's a pattern.

I've been criticised from the start of the season on here for pointing out Monk can't organise a defence but that's the reason for so many individual errors.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson over rated, Alaya is a calamity. Look like others I can go on and I can research stats to prove it. Why don’t we all just accept we are pretty crap under Monk and accept we are no where near what we think we are. I would go on record and state, as a team we are the best as what we can be under Monk, or the squad we have. Simply we will be no better than what we are. It’s just yet another year of embarrassing circumstances for the town, the fans and dare I say SG. I hold no hope for the club or it’s ambition because quite simply I don’t belive they known what is required. What I mean is I belive the club is trying to sell the town and fans the product is better than they can produce. The fans are buying a product at an inflated rated.

You really are a glass half empty sort of guy aren’t you

You’ve been telling everyone that will listen all yr that we are an average side , so why when we play average do you come on and tear everyone to pieces when they are doing everything you expect them too

You really are a glass half empty sort of guy aren’t you

You’ve been telling everyone that will listen all yr that we are an average side , so why when we play average do you come on and tear everyone to pieces when they are doing everything you expect them too

Where do we go from here rich?

This is a tad dramatic mate. Don't think the club are trying to 'sell the fans' anything, nor do I think it's a 'product to be bought'.

I, like most on here, support Boro when they're good and Boro when they're gash. I don't think that I'm buying a product based on promises from the manager or Gibson, I just rock up excited to support my local team.

This is probably better placed on the other thread, but I always believe we're not entitled to anything as football fans.

Yes you could argue that we spend our hard earned cash to go support the club, but that's a personal choice. Noones forcing you.

I think we all have expectations for our club, and it's fair enough to feel frustrated and aggrieved, but I don't believe we're 'entitled' to anything as football fans. It's like when people ask the club for refunds after their team got battered because they spent tons of money going to the match. Really gets my goat!

Has anyone heard from the derby website. I got a mail last night where it didn’t seem like they think there was a problem. Wrote them back explaining the mass problems and didn’t get a reply. Wrote them back this morning too although I’m not expecting anything.

This is a tad dramatic mate. Don't think the club are trying to 'sell the fans' anything, nor do I think it's a 'product to be bought'.

I, like most on here, support Boro when they're good and Boro when they're gash. I don't think that I'm buying a product based on promises from the manager or Gibson, I just rock up excited to support my local team.

This is probably better placed on the other thread, but I always believe we're not entitled to anything as football fans.

Yes you could argue that we spend our hard earned cash to go support the club, but that's a personal choice. Noones forcing you.

I think we all have expectations for our club, and it's fair enough to feel frustrated and aggrieved, but I don't believe we're 'entitled' to anything as football fans. It's like when people ask the club for refunds after their team got battered because they spent tons of money going to the match. Really gets my goat!

Jimmy good point but unlike yourself I belive a club does and must provide a product best suited to what the town can support. Although a club can’t survie on gate receipts alone it can’t survive without fans either. It doesn’t take long for crowds to diminish if they lose every week so the club must offer expectation.

I have to say I'm a little surprised to wake up and hear Monk is still in a job. Losing 3-0 at home in the way that we did against the kind of opposition where results are ultimately going to decide where we finish, completely of our own making in a game where Derby barely created a single chance for themselves... I thought even Steve Gibson would get an itchy trigger finger.

It sounds like for many people who saw the game, the first half was enough to keep him going. I didn't even think the first half was that good. I do wonder what could have been had Carson not made that superb save before their goal but overall I still think we were too slow in the build up and ultimately predictable. We couldn't play through the middle so the ball went wide. If that was wide on the left, it led to *** all as our left hand side is embarrassingly poor. Johnson did not look a confident man until about 30 minutes into the game when he suddenly decided to run at their defence. As many others have picked up on, Braithwaite was utterly anonymous and was playing so high up the pitch he was no longer an option through the middle for the midfield duo. He wasn't picking up the gaps in between the Derby midfield. They had such a good shape we needed him to be much more mobile to give us an option through the middle and he just didn't do it.

I have to say I'm a little surprised to wake up and hear Monk is still in a job. Losing 3-0 at home in the way that we did against the kind of opposition where results are ultimately going to decide where we finish, completely of our own making in a game where Derby barely created a single chance for themselves... I thought even Steve Gibson would get an itchy trigger finger.

It sounds like for many people who saw the game, the first half was enough to keep him going. I didn't even think the first half was that good. I do wonder what could have been had Carson not made that superb save before their goal but overall I still think we were too slow in the build up and ultimately predictable. We couldn't play through the middle so the ball went wide. If that was wide on the left, it led to *** all as our left hand side is embarrassingly poor. Johnson did not look a confident man until about 30 minutes into the game when he suddenly decided to run at their defence. As many others have picked up on, Braithwaite was utterly anonymous and was playing so high up the pitch he was no longer an option through the middle for the midfield duo. He wasn't picking up the gaps in between the Derby midfield. They had such a good shape we needed him to be much more mobile to give us an option through the middle and he just didn't do it.

Based on your first paragraph, are you surprised to see Rafa Benitez in a job this morning? Losing 3-0 at home against opposition such as Watford?

well Southgate was sacked based on his performance against the better teams and the poor home form. And still we where 3rd whe he got sacked, so might not take that much for Gibson to pull the trigger, he has become a little more trigger happy in later years too.

Based on your first paragraph, are you surprised to see Rafa Benitez in a job this morning? Losing 3-0 at home against opposition such as Watford?

Well I think the circumstances are a bit different Jimmy. As crackers as Mike Ashley is, I don't think he'll be too disappointed with what they've achieved so far. And I don't expect or want a manager to be sacked based off one result.

But this was our first big test at home since the turn in form and we capitulated. I'm putting a lot more credence into this result as to how our season will turn out because it shows us up as promotion contenders. At home in front of our own supporters, to watch Ayala run around like a bull in a China shop showing absolutely no game intelligence, watching Fabio wrestling with Tom Huddlestone and following that up by shouting at him until he was blue in the face whilst the man he was shouting at was fully focused on the game. It was disgraceful.

Considering that Newcastle have had a pretty decent start in the Premier league for a newly promoted team, exceeding expectations with an inferior squad that on ability probably ranks in the bottom 3 in the league, and having to work under serious financial constraints, I'd say Benitez is overachieving. Comparing us to them just isn't a good analogy to draw as the situations are vastly different. You have to look at things objectively before drawing rash comparisons like that.

Well I think the circumstances are a bit different Jimmy. As crackers as Mike Ashley is, I don't think he'll be too disappointed with what they've achieved so far. And I don't expect or want a manager to be sacked based off one result.

But this was our first big test at home since the turn in form and we capitulated. I'm putting a lot more credence into this result as to how our season will turn out because it shows us up as promotion contenders. At home in front of our own supporters, to watch Ayala run around like a bull in a China shop showing absolutely no game intelligence, watching Fabio wrestling with Tom Huddlestone and following that up by shouting at him until he was blue in the face whilst the man he was shouting at was fully focused on the game. It was disgraceful.

Do you think those frustrations were based on just yesterday? As stupid as Ayala was yesterday I just got the feeling that his performance yesterday was based on weeks or even months of built up frustration.