• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off track but I wouldn’t even say traore is a notably bad tackler, Cardiff game aside.

Makes less rash tackles than Ayala anyway :)

Miss Aston Villa away did you. ;) His problem is that he hurtles in at speed without any thought, much like the rest of his game.

Slightly off track but I wouldn’t even say traore is a notably bad tackler, Cardiff game aside.

Miss Aston Villa away did you. ;) His problem is that he hurtles in at speed without any thought, much like the rest of his game.

I think when I saw the footage I thought it was an attempted block rather than a tackle but the player and the Villa fans made it look a lot lot worse. I could be wrong. The point about Ayala still stands :)

I think when I saw the footage I thought it was an attempted block rather than a tackle but the player and the Villa fans made it look a lot lot worse. I could be wrong. The point about Ayala still stands :)

You'll note that was the point I didn't refute haha. Think I've made myself perfectly clear on Ayala over the last year. :D

I seem to remember a few occasions Traore tracking back and making tackles. His speed and power helps him catch players and muscle in between the ball. As with all aspects of his game it's his brain that sometimes let's him down. I would start him Saturday....

TBF to Traore, I remember him doing some pretty good defending at times last season. When he was in the position to. Once or twice he tried to dribble his way out successfully which was dangerous but when he was aware of what was going on around him, he seemed to do alright.

Just tell him to stop tackling in the box. If you're going to do anything in the box, just get your body between the ball and the goal.

As frustrating as Traore is, I am genuinely intrigued to see how he would perform after a run of 5-10 games in the team week in week out.

There is no other player in the world who can do what he does at times. He is an asset which drags people out of position and takes 3 people to mark him.

We should utilise this to our advantage. I'd love to see him play more.

Have to agree with you MBP. It would be interesting to see if the penny would drop within his head if he was playing every week. It would certainly be worth a shot because he sure as hell is an enigma who does frighten other teams

One thing that I've always thought with Traore is that he performs better, and actually uses his brain, when we're winning.

It might seem pretty obvious but when we're in front he passes the ball so much more, and plays more like a normal player. It's when we're losing that Traore stops thinking and just tries to do everything on his own.

I've been an advocate of playing Traore for months, he's the one player who gives us something nobody else in the league has. Just keep him up the pitch.

Whenever Traore is on the pitch it seems our tactic is to just give it to him every single time a d just let him do it himself. We should be still attacking down the left in the vacated space and not just being predictable. I wish he would just play an easy ball at times though

No he tell's Cahill not to play across the box and get the ball into midfield as soon as possible. Reiterating you point doesn't make it correct.

I've seen the goals often enough, your taught at school not to play the ball across your box so if you've played at any school boy level you'll know that. Sunday league players don't need to be taught it. Can't see the  point in discussing this anymore chalk and cheese.

With all due respect this isn't school football, defenders switch the ball  across the back line dozens of times every game. Just watch during the next game, there was nowt wrong with what Ayala tried against Wolves it was a 10 yard pass that most of us on here could complete. He just made a mess of it.

As you say Ayala made a mess of it so it was a costly mistake, the point I'm trying to make is you can't blame the coach for an individual error, Humpty disagrees with that, as he states in his above post.

Thought it was quite interesting on Saturday when Monk brought Traore on. We had a corner and he was instructed to go back and defend in the box. You might have thought a coach would learn from his mistakes...

I think this could be to draw a few derby players further up the pitch in order to give Traore more space to burst forward. If he is placed on the halfway line with two defenders it is very unlikely that he is going to win a long punt up the field. If he placed on the edge of our box he is open to a short pass and he can then do his magic. He needs the ball at his feet and not a long punt. If that makes sense.

And I seem to remember him doing countless of interceptions. Yeah his challenge at Villa and the pen against Cardiff was rash but penalties are committed every week by better defenders. I agree that he shouldn’t be used as a defender but I don’t agree that he should be deployed up the field at set pieces because his pace is better used when he can get the ball in our own half with their players further up the field.