oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Derby 0-3

I’m now convinced the failure is purely with Monk and if SG has an once of professionalism and respect for the club he would step in and end this before it all ends in tears.

I said that before we won the 3 in a row that the true turning point of the club/season and Monk was beating the teams in and around us..leeds and now derby. We ve turned no corner. We all harp on and on about 45 mil spend but we are what we are. Not a bad team but far from a good one

Were done. Never going to be promoted under Monk. I want a new manager.

Will you do one, I'm sick of reading your misery.

Tell me what I should be positive about? The fact that we are a laughing stock?

I think he has a point tbf.

Despite record transfer spending (did we even spend this much under Robson / McLaren in a single season?) Boro still look distinctly average...and downright ***e on days like today.

There are still glaring deficiencies in both attack and defence. The team still often plays like a collection of random strangers picked off the street.

I will come out and say it now: I don't think we will get promoted under Monk. Certainly not this season anyway.

Appalling... losing 3-0 at home to top sides in the Prem can be put into perspective... but to be spanked by a bang average Championship side at the Riverside is just awful.

Can anyone honestly see what Monk is trying to achieve with this side... lets accept its a failed experiment and move on.

I think he has a point tbf.

Despite record transfer spending (did we even spend this much under Robson / McLaren in a single season?) Boro still look distinctly average...and downright *** on days like today.

There are still glaring deficiencies in both attack and defence. The team still often plays like a collection of random strangers picked off the street.

I will come out and say it now: I don't think we will get promoted under Monk. Certainly not this season anyway.

Since when has the Riverside been a Fortress ??

"Smash the league" hahaha no chance Wolves will though

Lol! Gibson should send some spies over to their training ground to try and find out what Santo's secret is.

Well this has been a bit embarrassing, hasn't it? :D

Statistic wise its very hard to see why we are 3 down.....

• Latest Posts

• Oh dear mate. I have some bad news to tell you about Friend 🙁
    • With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With match fitness a question mark over both I would guess he would rather start with them and then plan to take them off when tiring rather than maybe having to put them on early as a Sub if an injury occurred. Warnock seems very protective of his players and the risk of them picking up injuries which is why I think he may start with Roberts and Watmore as it gives him more in-game control. The obvious choice would be if he started with those that finished on Wednesday night but I suspect he will want to keep morale high across the squad and keep faith in Watmore and Roberts knowing that he can fall back on Johnson and Spence. Whatever he goes with he has my confidence and trust which is something I don't think I have felt about a Boro Manager in a very long time.
    • I think its either Bettinelli's agent trying to rack up interest (which is his job in fairness)  or lazy journalism or more likely a combination of the two. Dimi had an incredible record here for clean sheets in a season but it was a similar story to now with the organisation of the defence resulting in the Keeper having little or nothing to do. No disrespect to Dimi but he was hardly the most athletic or agile Keeper I've ever seen in a Boro shirt, although no worse than the medal bedecked one who came in after him which proved how playing behind a good team can make a keeper look great. Most Keepers would do well behind the current Red barrier in front of them. Bettinelli's vocal skills does add to that sense of impenetrability probably as much if not more so than the actual amount of work he has to do keeping shots out. Decent keeper who I would prefer to stay but I would be more concerned about losing Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola, Friend, Howson etc.
    • Barcelona first team players have a agreed to a paycut of £110 Million (per year). This is on top of the squad agreeing to defer £45 Million in bonuses. There was talk at the beginning of this month that if they couldn't cut around £150 Million off the wage bill for this season, that the threat of bankruptcy was very real.
    • As others have said, I would guess that the team that finished the derby game will likely start this fixture, with those who were subbed being introduced late on. The 5 subs rule allows us to comfortably rotate an entire attacking setup. Very useful if you have a good enough manager to utilise it.