oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Derby 0-3

Were done. Never going to be promoted under Monk. I want a new manager.

Will you do one, I'm sick of reading your misery.

I think he has a point tbf.

Despite record transfer spending (did we even spend this much under Robson / McLaren in a single season?) Boro still look distinctly average...and downright *** on days like today.

There are still glaring deficiencies in both attack and defence. The team still often plays like a collection of random strangers picked off the street.

I will come out and say it now: I don't think we will get promoted under Monk. Certainly not this season anyway.

Since when has the Riverside been a Fortress ??

I'm not talking just about home games, I mean the season as a whole.

"Smash the league" hahaha no chance Wolves will though

Lol! Gibson should send some spies over to their training ground to try and find out what Santo's secret is.

His secret is probably that he actually a decent manager.

We are sounding more and more like a mid table team every game. We will be lucky to reach the play offs at this rate.

Well this has been a bit embarrassing, hasn't it? :D

Statistic wise its very hard to see why we are 3 down.....

Well they've had 10 shots with 6 on target.

Boro have had 15 with just 2 on target. 

That might have something to do with it. ;)

Bamford is just determined to prove why he has been behind Fletcher :) sorry for the negativity everyone but I really need to let off some steam before we are going to a party and my wife is already mad at me for spending time watching this dross instead of helping.

well thats fown to the players.... we have 15 shots and 2 on goals......

They scored on a counter attack (after their keeper made the save of the season) a penalty and a howler from our keeper.

a bir hard to blame the coach......

well thats fown to the players.... we have 15 shots and 2 on goals......

They scored on a counter attack (after their keeper made the save of the season) a penalty and a howler from our keeper.

a bir hard to blame the coach......

Obviously not...you can't blame the manager for players not being able to get their shots on target.

But you said stats-wise its hard to see why we're losing. The long and the short of it is, the more shots you get on target, the more likely you are to score / win.

Boro currently couldn't hit the side of a bar, (2 on target from 16) while Derby have a much better ratio of 8 on target from 13.

• Latest Posts

• my late wife met him at a fan convention in Harrogate some years back and she said he came across as a very straightforward guy, spent a considerable time chatting to her and her friend and even got a couple of the other guests (Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bulloch, I think) to do the same. Viewed himself as an ordinary person who'd been lucky in life and was just as happy to send himself up as play serious roles, but took the Green Cross Code very seriously to the extent that he was prouder of that than his role in Star Wars... One of his favourite sketches      
    • I think Bettinelli is a good organiser and engages with his defence. His Goalkeeping ability is average at this level like a lot of other Keepers. I think we have to remember that if he was great he wouldn't be here. When Shay Given came on loan just watching him was a joy and that was including the warm ups where he was aware of the kids walking behind the goal waving flags when he used to tell the players to stop firing practice shots at him in case it hit one of the little ones. Small things but they matter and tell a lot about the man. He always made marks in the turf (probably much to the annoyance of the Groundsmen) so he knew his positioning in the heat of the action and was always exercising to keep warm and alert. Another Keeper I liked was Paul Smith, a comparative nobody in the history of Goalkeeping but I have positive memories of him always giving his best during his short tenure here. Likewise I have good memories of Danny Coyne. I remember when Mark Schwarzer first arrived he was a good Keeper but his kicking was terrible, he struggled to reach the half way line. After the first Summer break something had improved (presumably coaching and practice) immeasurably as the length of his kicks were half as much again after that.   Willie Whigham was a real character, Jim Platt possibly my favourite whilst Steve Pears was probably one of the best in living memory. Keepers, they come and go, some leave positive memories and some like Valdes and Guzan are best forgotten about.
    • You mustn't have been at that game then, that Boro fans felt we had a better chance with ten men tells the true story. He was an absolute liability, appallingly poor, how on earth he had earned a living in the professional game is a mystery. That Villa fans beforehand had nicknamed him "Bad" instead of "Brad" fills in the gaps. 
    • It is very unfair I feel all our promotion rivals can have their fans back but we can't. If the whole league can't have fans back no one should as it results in unfair advantage!
    • Also just wanted to say RIP David Prowse...known by millions of kids in the 70s and 80s as the Green Cross Code Man and arguably sci-fi's best known villain...Darth Vader... https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55117704 Starting out as a competitive weight lifter, he had a long, if low-key career outside of Star Wars, appearing in numerous other films and tv roles. He also worked behind the scenes as a writer and personal trainer.