oneBoro Forum

The sense of entitlement on show by our supporters is pathetic

Its one of the reasons I don't really come on here so much any more, or subscribe to many Boro pages. Yes, we are under-performing, but some of the drivel I see get posted is childish and laughable.

I just cannot be ***d with it any more. The fans stress me out more than the team at the minute.

I agree that some of the things said are maybe over the top, and I'll admit that sometimes the negativity gets the better of me during matches. Especially when we are playing crap like at Leeds or the second half against Derby. However it's not nearly as bad on here as you see on the social media platforms, which is why I never really go on the facebook site or read the comments in the gazette. 

You can't deny though that we are underperforming and we have pressing issues that need to be resolved one way or the other. Discussing that is a good way of dealing with the disappointment most of us have.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed there BD. I'd even include other forums in that. I'd get much more aggravated reading FMTTM or that Come On Boro site after a loss.

The Bristol City forum had Come On Boro listed as Boro's forum in their opposition list for this season. I went on at the time and the top post was 'Happy Birthday Tommy Robinson'.

Agreed there BD. I'd even include other forums in that. I'd get much more aggravated reading FMTTM or that Come On Boro site after a loss.

The Bristol City forum had Come On Boro listed as Boro's forum in their opposition list for this season. I went on at the time and the top post was 'Happy Birthday Tommy Robinson'.

didn't know Come On Boro existed until now, just checked it and the top thread is called 'Cancer' and is saying 'Cancer this cancer that... does it have to be shoved down the publics throat every 5 minutes from every media outlet possible'. Wish I still didn't know it existed.

Some snippets from FMTTM and social media.....

'Season is over' 'Sack Monk now' 'Bring back Karanka' 'Cancel Downings contract' 'Sell up Gibson'

Hysteria.

I dont see why the suggestion of changing the manager is hysteria as long as there's a constructive reason behind it. Just because someone has a different opinion to you it isn't necessarily hysterical.

And there is the difference between discussion and hysteria.

So many fans online right now are hysterical because we lost. 'Sack him now he is ***e" seems to be particularly popular. No reasoning behind it. No suggestion of a replacement. No suggestions for what Monk can do to improve. Basically we lost, spoilt fans become hysterical. Repeat everytime they don't get what they want.

Its really rather ridiculous :-)

Some snippets from FMTTM and social media.....

'Season is over' 'Sack Monk now' 'Bring back Karanka'  'Cancel Downings contract' 'Sell up Gibson'

Hysteria.

Congratulations on your self-confirmation! It must be incredibly frustrating for those (like yourself) who have played the game and have superior knowledge to us mere mortals, to have to wade through the hordes of hysterics, who just can't, despite their efforts, see the game in the way that you do. You should pity us really. 

Really, how is any of what you've said of relevance to this forum? Everyone knows that social media showcases the most extreme and baseless and outbursts. The irony is by posting stuff like this, you're doing exactly the same thing as the people you're accusing. Posting a polarised snippet of opinion, in the wake of a defeat, when you know tensions will be running high, to provoke a reaction.

The vast majority of users on this forum, that are on here not only to vent when things aren't going well, are reasoned, and if they are posting 'monk out' etc. they've probably debated it to death countless times in other threads. If coming on here and calling out 'hysterics' makes you feel better about how Boro are doing then crack on, but the hypocrisy is you yourself aren't contributing anything to the debate.

TLH is just a complete WUM. Didn’t turn up until things were going badly, and then just to ride annoyed fans. Wouldn’t bother with anything he says. Whether monk is a manager in trouble or a dead man walking is immaterial, Gibson will decide and based on his track record I doubt he’ll tolerate the performances unless he sees an improvement.

As soon as someone has an opinion that isn't felt by the masses, there's always one who whips out the 'WUM' tag for them. :rolleyes:

To be fair the troll card was played by many earlier in the season for those that criticised Monk.

That’d be fair if he’d been around more than ten minutes and not taken an entirely one eyed view. I’m not a big monk out fan unless we can find someone else, but TLH is hardly encouraging debate... he’s just having a go at our fans who want to discuss it

As soon as someone has an opinion that isn't felt by the masses, there's always one who whips out the 'WUM' tag for them. :rolleyes:

To be fair the troll card was played by many earlier in the season for those that criticised Monk.

Those that criticised him and wanted him out after 3 games yes.

TBF, it sounds to me that he's criticising people who mostly don't visit this forum and people on this forum are reacting to it like he's targeting them. He's not exactly wrong, some people on social media will have been moaning from day one at Wolves.