oneBoro Forum

The sense of entitlement on show by our supporters is pathetic

Wolves is a great example. New manager (doesn't know the league) new players most of which are foreign and don't know the league. They're romping home. So the taking time to bed in theory is a load of nonsense.

One swallow doesn't make a summer... (on about the bird, by the way...)

There's plenty of examples where even top managers have needed time to bed heir systems in. Yes, there's always contrary examples, but it's hardly nonsense.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It proves that a competent manager doesn't necessarily need time to bed in. Not only does Monk have the advantage of knowing the league over Nuno, he also spent twice as much as Wolves.

It proves that a competent manager doesn't necessarily need time to bed in. Not only does Monk have the advantage of knowing the league over Nuno, he also spent twice as much as Wolves.

So was Fergie not competent? Rafa? Mourinho? Of course not. And yet they've all had bad starts to reigns. Howay Humpty man, you know better than that.

There's hundreds of variables which lead to things clicking. It's like a computer programme; one wrong input can bring down a whole system.

So was Fergie not competent? Rafa? Mourinho? Of course not. And yet they've all had bad starts to reigns. Howay Humpty man, you know better than that.

There's hundreds of variables which lead to things clicking. It's like a computer programme; one wrong input can bring down a whole system.

Was about to say the same thing. Not to mention that the kind of players that Wolves have brought in over the last season or so, Helder Costa, Cavaleiro, Neves, Jota, Boly... our signings are hardly the same calibre, regardless of how much money was spent. The only signing we've made that even comes close to them is Braithwaite.

I don't think those examples compare to our situation to be honest. I know there are variables but Monk controls the vast majority of them. I can't be doing with people letting Monk off the hook because i think this squad of players have been mis-managed. I've never said i want a change of manager but i don't see any signs of improvement and we certainly haven't got value out of this squad. I think it's criminal given the amount of money we've spent.

@ Wilson...again Nonsense

Who's letting Monk off the hook? I've already said I'm not entirely happy with the football, and that I don't think his tactics, transfers etc have been entirely successful in every case.

One of the strongest of Gibbo's many virtues is his patience as a chairman. It's obviously hard when we feel the emotions of being a fan, but that's part and parcel of it. One things for sure though - I don't see any of the names in the other thread as an exciting (or in many cases realistic) alternative.

We'll look back on this and one of us will be able to say 'told you so.' Time will tell.

@ladyspite - impartation and action are two entirely different things. Anyone who watched Monk at Swansea can see where the basis comes from, but as yet it's not been put into action on the pitch. You can plot where the issues come from, though:

Assombalonga is the Bony from Swansea days, and he's working pretty well. Braithwaite was signed to do the Montero, Inside Forward role, Traore as the speedster down the RW (Dyer) and Baker to break forward as a creative outlet from midfield (Sigurdsson). As Traore and Baker have left a lot to be desired this season, the shape has had to evolve considerably. Downing does the Right plays as more of a playmaker from the flanks, Braithwaite has come inside to balance that and provide support to Britt through the middle as oppose to Monk's tradition flank-support, which has meant we've been left with a hole out Left talent wise. Tavernier has filled it i some games, but he's 18 and finding the consistency needed to keep that level of performance at this level.

@Duvel - At the beginning of the season, my heart always said we should win automatic promotion. My head, however, said play offs would be a good return. That hasn't changed, really. Do I think Monk could get us to the Play Offs? Yes. From then on, it's a lottery. It all depends on what happens with the above shift.

So long as we're in/around the play offs come January, I don't think it'll take a huge number of players to balance us out and the Monk system pay dividends.

Fair enough - You obviously sound content enough with the performances and hopefully a playoff push. We've all got different aspirations I suppose.

Who's letting Monk off the hook? I've already said I'm not entirely happy with the football, and that I don't think his tactics, transfers etc have been entirely successful in every case.

One of the strongest of Gibbo's many virtues is his patience as a chairman. It's obviously hard when we feel the emotions of being a fan, but that's part and parcel of it. One things for sure though - I don't see any of the names in the other thread as an exciting (or in many cases realistic) alternative.

We'll look back on this and one of us will be able to say 'told you so.' Time will tell.

I have a lot of respect for Steve Gibson, the fact that he gives younger managers time in the job is very admirable.

I would also say that's sometimes his weakness, he gave Robson, Southgate and arguably Karanka too long. The only manager where I think he proved the fans wrong in that regard was McClaren who maybe could have been sacked after the Villa defeat.

If it turns out eventually that Monk isn't the right man for the job, giving him time and more money could prove to be a huge mistake.

I would like to know our total net outlay compared to wolves and please take into account the loan fees.

The wolves manager has done a great job no question but as others have said, judge it over the season. I think that is all sensible fans are saying. Its a marathon not a sprint.

18 games? Pah. Give me a break.

I would like to know our total net outlay compared to wolves and please take into account the loan fees.

The wolves manager has done a great job no question but as others have said, judge it over the season. I think that is all sensibke fans are saying. Its a marathin not a sprint.

18 games? Pah. Give ne a break.

I tell you what, bookmark this post. If we finish above Wolves I'll give £500 to a charity of your choice.