oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 1-2 (Magnusson og)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What team and formation would you pick for the game?

Almost the same as you.

-------------------Randolph

Christie ----- Fry ----- Gibson ----- Friend

----Howson - Leadbitter - Downing

Asssombalonga - Bamford - Braithwaite

What do you predict the score will be?

I reckon we will get beat by 2 clear goals.

If you could bring one player from the rest of the division to the club, who would it be?

Ryan Sessegnon.

Which Robin is the greatest Robin of all time?

Tunney.

Interesting to see some wanting to change formation despite most screaming out for a settled system/formation for months!

You are right, however Monk seems reluctant to play Braithewaite left, despite him playing there for most of his career which leaves a gaping lack of quality there. If its a choice between putting Downing/Johnson or Tavernier on the left or changing to a system that actually gets our best players on the pitch I'd rather we change.

Interesting to see some wanting to change formation despite most screaming out for a settled system/formation for months!

I wanted stability in formation, a back to basics approach, and we provided that for 3 games in a row, providing us with 3 wins in a row. 4 out of the last 6, you can argue that the basics should and were good enough to beat teams with this squad.

But we went up against Leeds and Derby and still played basic football and were undone. When the confidence was high, and in games where it matters, we're not addressing tactical decisions. We're seemingly going out with the same game plan and it's not working. I hope that out of all things Monk will have learnt over the last 6 games is that. We can play basic, simple football and beat the crap teams because the quality in the squad has just eventually shone through. But we need to adapt for bigger games against the better/form teams.

I know it was a friendly but I still keep going back to the Augsburg game. We conceded a silly early goal but still deservedly beat the current 8th best team in Germany. You said it yourself in the following game too where I'm pretty sure we were playing the same system, as soon as Bamford came on (so we pretty much reverted to the starting 11 of the Augsburg game), that's the best we looked all game.

BTW, the last one is wrong. I was caught in two minds as to whether I should confirm or deny names but I may as well given nobody else seems bothered about it.

So you've currently got 10/14.

You are right, however Monk seems reluctant to play Braithewaite left, despite him playing there for most of his career which leaves a gaping lack of quality there. If its a choice between putting Downing/Johnson or Tavernier on the left or changing to a system that actually gets our best players on the pitch I'd rather we change.

I don’t think that is quite true regarding Braithwaite. He was a striker when he was sold to Toulouse and he played most games as a striker in France. He can play left but is primarily a striker.

Johnson calling this game a 6 pointer on Bristol City website, I think we've got to start with Traore, and Howson and Leadbitter is a must, I hope Monk doesn't put Fletcher back in though its like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch, offers nothing poor buy.

I just don't fancy us Saturday, I think they'll be up for it, so a 2-1 defeat for me and I only hope I've got it totally wrong.

#1 Robin Ince

#2 Robin (Orignal Batman & Robin)

#3 Robin Van Persie

#4 Robin Zander

#5 Robyn (Singer)

#6 Robin Wright

#7 Robin Hood

#8 Robin Gibb

#9 Robin Cooke

#10 Reliant Robin

#11 Robin Turner

#12 Robin Williams

#13 Robin Lord Taylor

#14 Robin Haase

Some of them are other people's answers, some of them I knew :)

• Like 1

Boro as it is my birthday on Saturday please give me a surprise present by playing well, taking opportunities and supporting each other in attack.......oh and a nice 3 points would do me just fine!

And for anyone going safe trip and I do not envy you getting away from Bristol after the game

DS award for guessing the amount of Boro fans attending to the nearest 25 either way