oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 1-2 (Magnusson og)

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Fabio

Leadbitter Howson

Downing

Traore Braithewaite

Britt

Would like to see something like the above. Downing more central pulling the strings and Martin and Adama supporting Britt and running the channels.

Howson and Leadbitter breaking up play and giving it to Downing.

But Monk will probably bring Fletcher and Friend in or some other inexplicable decision.

2-0 defeat , Flint and Reid.

UTB

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant quite make my mind up regarding Downing through the middle. He's been quite the success with Christie down that right side. On the same token ive not seen as much from Braithwaite as i would've liked through the middle so maybe it's time to give him a run out wide.

In a tough away game I wouldn’t mind switching Downing inside and Braithwaite and Traore on the wings if Monk at the same time tells the full backs to defend first and not go as far up the pitch as they use to. We can’t keep getting caught out at the back because our full backs are so far forward. That said it still like to see Traore in the number 10 if Monk wants to keep downing right. And I really don’t want to see Johnson start on the left.

Agree with Borodane and Humpty.

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Christie -- Fryala --- Gibson -- Fabio --

--------- Leadbitter ------ Howson --------- 

--- Downing --- Traore -- Braithwaite ---

-------------- Assombalonga -------------- 

If anyone of the supporting 3 are not playing well after 45-60 mins, replace them with Bamford (not Fletcher).

We have an embarrassingly good squad for where we are in the league.

Hopefully the Boro will surprise us.

Agree with Borodane and Humpty.

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Christie -- Fryala --- Gibson -- Fabio --

--------- Leadbitter ------ Howson --------- 

--- Downing --- Traore -- Braithwaite ---

-------------- Assombalonga -------------- 

If anyone of the supporting 3 are not playing well after 45-60 mins, replace them with Bamford (not Fletcher).

We have an embarrassingly good squad for where we are in the league.

Hopefully the Boro will surprise us.

Are you slipping in a combination of Fry and Ayala to end the debate about who should partner Gibson?  :D

I've actually got a bad feeling about this one, and I'm usually quite optimistic.

It would be a tough game for us even if we were doing well, and we're not so I'm going for 2-0 Bristol City.

Seems to be quite a common prediction for this game. I'm also usually more optimistic but that 2nd half against Derby was simply awful, the worst I've seen us for some time. I'm not even sure if I've ever attended a game where we lost by 3 goals or more before that day. Conceding 3 or more sure, Fulham away 14/15, Ipswich home on the opening day 10/11, but without reply? I really can't remember.

Seems to be quite a common prediction for this game. I'm also usually more optimistic but that 2nd half against Derby was simply awful, the worst I've seen us for some time. I'm not even sure if I've ever attended a game where we lost by 3 goals or more before that day. Conceding 3 or more sure, Fulham away 14/15, Ipswich home on the opening day 10/11, but without reply? I really can't remember.

i've seen a few of them days over the years. ah them memories, just sat there thinking my god we are terrible(dads already left). struggling to remember the last pasting when i was there, dont go much now. 

villa? 0-4 was that the season ticket thrower match? saints? recall crouchy having a field day once. beattie bagged a few past us once. got a vivid memory of a defender slipping and beattie smashing it top corner 1st time from 25 yards. i'll have a look for a vid of it.

this is the crouch one 1-3 loss

the beattie one was actually awful pass by vidmar straight into beattie, he knocked it out of his feet and smashed it top corner. 2-2 draw that one.

villa well beat us at riverside a few years in a row.

I've seen ***nal give us a few pasting's over the years and Chelsea put 5 past us but these teams had far superior players not an average side like Derby. Not a lot of confidence for Saturday, but over the years always been a club who shocks when you least expect, so that's what I'm hoping for Saturday.

Let's hope for the kind of response to that 4-0 Villa thrashing you mentioned Kev. I wasn't at either game but I remember full well that Luke Moore scored a hat trick for Villa. Luke ***ing Moore. Indeed it was the match where someone walked up to McClaren and threw his season ticket at him.

A week later, we played Mourinho's Chelsea who had barely been beaten all season, if at all. Fabio Rochemback finally scored for us with one of the crappest goals you'll ever see within the first couple of minutes. Downing had a right footed shot which somehow found it's way to the far corner. Then Yakubu absolutely done their defender to score the best goal of the lot, that was the Yak at his best. Collecting the ball on the left/left-centre and suddenly springing to life.

Wasn't the 0-4 drubbing by Villa the game where Gazza broke his arm on Boatengs chin when he was trying to elbow him in the face. Karma! Remember watching that with a few friends before going out and they were in stitches. Me, not so much!

To be honest, going by form, I'm struggling to fit a system to the players who've been on form...

Ideally I'd like to see Braithwaite moved out Left, but then there's no one for the Number 10. Downing potentially, but his role on the right has been one of the few assured aspects of our game.

I'd like to see:

--------------Randolph--------------

Christie--Ayala--Gibson--Fabio

---------------Clayton----------------

-----Downing-----Howson---------

Bamford---The Ass--Braithwaite

Though I imagine we'll see 4-2-3-1 with Downing/Braithwaite/Johnson as the three behind Assombalonga.

Another thought... Feelings on 5-3-2?

-------------Randolph---------------

------Ayala---Fry---Gibson--------

Christie-------------------Downing

---Clayton---Baker---Howson---

-Assombalonga--Braithwaite---

Downing played LWB at Liverpool - but Fabio or Friend could also be options.

Wasn't the 0-4 drubbing by Villa the game where Gazza broke his arm on Boatengs chin when he was trying to elbow him in the face. Karma! Remember watching that with a few friends before going out and they were in stitches. Me, not so much!

i dont think so, that was when i was in the east stand, for the drubbings i was in the north  :D

we did get beat though. they always beat us.

just checked 14th feb 2000 0-4 gazza subbed 46min. you were right.

2003 beat us 2-5,

2006 beat us 0-4 again,

2007 they beat us 1-3 and 0-3.

we have not beat them at home since 2004. when do they come up here :D

Another thought... Feelings on 5-3-2?

-------------Randolph---------------

------Ayala---Fry---Gibson--------

Christie-------------------Downing

---Clayton---Baker---Howson---

-Assombalonga--Braithwaite---

Downing played LWB at Liverpool - but Fabio or Friend could also be options.

Ayala suspended for this game