oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 1-2 (Magnusson og)

TEAM FORMATION:-

I would like downing left traore right gestede and britt upfront in a 442.

i think we are really needing a ruddy now, he is a lump of wood but he will out match any cb. which leaves britt free to feed off him.

downing to his left side and traore hitting byline and getting those deep crosses in. its not about being pretty its about being effective. i really think that will work well at champo level. downing is back to being great, traore literally cant be stopped from crossing and ruddy again is almost unbeatable in the air. hold tight in the middle with clayton plus another and force our play wide to traore/christie and fabio/downing.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought... Feelings on 5-3-2?

-------------Randolph---------------

------Ayala---Fry---Gibson--------

Christie-------------------Downing

---Clayton---Baker---Howson---

-Assombalonga--Braithwaite---

Downing played LWB at Liverpool - but Fabio or Friend could also be options.

Ayala suspended for this game

Of course he is - I should wake up before I post :D

Swap Ayala for Shotton then

I despise 5-3-2 so a big no for me. Only ever seems to work when you have world class players.

like wolves  :D

you just have to have the right players for the system. we have great wb's imo fabio and christie could do the job its the midfield not being mobile enough which ruins it for us

i think we are really needing a ruddy now, he is a lump of wood but he will out match any cb. which leaves britt free to feed off him.

downing to his left side and traore hitting byline and getting those deep crosses in. its not about being pretty its about being effective. i really think that will work well at champo level. downing is back to being great, traore literally cant be stopped from crossing and ruddy again is almost unbeatable in the air. hold tight in the middle with clayton plus another and force our play wide to traore/christie and fabio/downing.

You’ve left out braithwaite who’s been one of our best players last 6 games

I despise 5-3-2 so a big no for me. Only ever seems to work when you have world class players.

like wolves  :D

you just have to have the right players for the system. we have great wb's imo fabio and christie could do the job its the midfield not being mobile enough which ruins it for us

Fabio doesn't seem to be someone who's a great out-and-out wing-back. Most of his best work has come from when he's come infield, not out wide. He's more of an inverted wing-back. He comes infield and supports the midfield, he doesn't provide a great deal of width. It's no surprise we were linked with Charlie Taylor, who I hope we try for on a loan in January. He's played a grand total of TWICE for Burnley this season, both games in the League Cup.

one of our best players, but from what we seen early season ruddy is very effective in this league. i dont see how we could leave britt out. the team probably wont change, until we bring rudy on second half. braithe as a wide midfielder? i dont see him being all that good further back altough could be wrong. we could start with braithe downing ruddy and britt actually more likely than traore starting. although it shouldnt be traore should play every game. he has that fear factor, the opp left back would be bricking it straightaway and never got out of his half lol

In the last 3 games Braithwaite hasn't been great, he was very poor against Derby. I don't think he could really complain if he was dropped.

He is a really good player but I think he needs to do more in that second striker role. If he isn't getting involved we'd be just as well throwing another out and out striker or another midfielder on.

In the last 3 games Braithwaite hasn't been great, he was very poor against Derby. I don't think he could really complain if he was dropped.

He is a really good player but I think he needs to do more in that second striker role. If he isn't getting involved we'd be just as well throwing another out and out striker or another midfielder on.

Ruddy isnt pretty but he'll score a load and create havoc in the area for us. i'd start him every game. with downing remembering he's a football player we have a weapon in the making there. simple but effective in the bfs dyche mode.

We’ve needed a settled formation to build on since September so I wouldn’t want a change yet. We had a stinker on Saturday but hopefully we’ll bring leadbitter and howson back in and I’d bring fry in for Ayala and bamford in for johnson and play;

Downing-bamford-Braithwaite

———ballongadonga——-

Of course they are. We’re now 14 points off second. It’s quicly becoming too big a gap for us to make up. We probably need something like a 10 game winning streak to make up those 6 positions.