oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 1-2 (Magnusson og)

Why did we sign Shotton over Flint?

No idea, we actually seemed to chase Shotten for ages aswell.

He's getting to be another Guedioura

I think it's pretty obvious why we went for Shotton over Flint.

Shotton came in as a low-cost, experienced squad member. He wasn't brought in to improve the first 11.

Guedioura's signing is nothing like Shotton's. Guedioura was brought in when we needed an attacking midfielder, someone to essentially replace Ramirez's spark in the team with him having practically given up playing for us. He was brought in to help appease the manager over the failed recruitment efforts of that transfer window. Shotton was probably one of our longer-term targets of the summer, one that would have been wrapped up much earlier had 'Arry been able to bring in Flint or another centre-back.

I would have preferred to sign a player who could challenge Gibson and Ayala rather than a complete donkey who we are frightened of having to use.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Any streams for this one? Besides paying £5 for god awful content

If you mean instead of iFollow, I don't believe this one will be on iFollow. Pretty sure live Sky games aren't on iFollow.

A-ha, alright. Surely there'll be a livestream somewhere then. Thanks

I'm using this one...

http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/bristol-city-vs-middlesbrough-live-streaming

Why did we sign Shotton over Flint?

No idea, we actually seemed to chase Shotten for ages aswell.

He's getting to be another Guedioura

I think it's pretty obvious why we went for Shotton over Flint.

Shotton came in as a low-cost, experienced squad member. He wasn't brought in to improve the first 11.

Guedioura's signing is nothing like Shotton's. Guedioura was brought in when we needed an attacking midfielder, someone to essentially replace Ramirez's spark in the team with him having practically given up playing for us. He was brought in to help appease the manager over the failed recruitment efforts of that transfer window. Shotton was probably one of our longer-term targets of the summer, one that would have been wrapped up much earlier had 'Arry been able to bring in Flint or another centre-back.

I would have preferred to sign a player who could challenge Gibson and Ayala rather than a complete donkey who we are frightened of having to use.

And spunk another chunk of money.

rgds Shotton, he was brought in for the formation we played at the start of the season.

Clayton dropping deep, full backs high and CB's splitting wide.

Right now he can't compete for the CB or RB role

Midfield need to get a grip of this, we’re getting over run over and over again.

Leadbitter on for forshaw at halftime for me

Leadbitter isn't even in the squad :(