oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 2-0 (Braithwaite, Bamford)

You can't ask for more passion and hunger, then name your team with Downing in it, seems like a huge contradiction.

Even when he’s been our best player over the last 5 games

But watch what happens when him or Christie loses the ball, there are acres of space down that right side and Downing does not have the legs now to get back to cover the full back. As someone else said, if you are going to try and play this way you need to pack your midfield, currently we are as open as a sieve and it is frankly embarrassing.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't ask for more passion and hunger, then name your team with Downing in it, seems like a huge contradiction.

Even when he’s been our best player over the last 5 games

But watch what happens when him or Christie loses the ball, there are acres of space down that right side and Downing does not have the legs now to get back to cover the full back. As someone else said, if you are going to try and play this way you need to pack your midfield, currently we are as open as a sieve and it is frankly embarrassing.

Having the legs and having the passion and hunger aren't the same thing.

Don't know why Monk doesn't just come and read some of the proposals on the forum. I see so many team selections its a wonder that not one so far has matched with a Monk selection. Mind it does beggar the question has there been and what was the result.

Monk will get slammed if he continues with the "similar" team. But will also get crucified if he tries something new in a bit game.

He has to win. Simple as that. Fans will turn on him if we don't.

The team I would pick...

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Fabio

Clayton Howson

Bamford Baker Downing

Britt

The team I think we will play...

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Friend

Howson Leadbitter Downing

Braithwaite

Rudy Britt

Monk will get slammed if he continues with the "similar" team. But will also get crucified if he tries something new in a bit game.

He has to win. Simple as that. Fans will turn on him if we don't.

The team I would pick...

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Fabio

Clayton Howson

Bamford Baker Downing

Britt

The team I think we will play...

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Friend

Howson Leadbitter Downing

Braithwaite

Rudy Britt

You’re right about Monk but the players also need to step up and cut out the stupid mistakes. Players like Gibson, Braithwaite and the midfield pair will have to step up and show something more.

The more i think about this game the more i think Monk should micromanage these guys to hell before and during the game, forget they are adults they should know what to do concept. Send them out with the intention of been robots (monk sends the commands they just do as instructed).

One of the problems we do have is we have 3 full backs at the club, Christie, Fabio and Friend and none of them are that good defensively and that's being kind, they tend to get caught out far too often, I thought Christie was ball watching for both Bristol City's goals. Fabio is probably slightly the best defensively of the three and that's not saying a lot. Despite the skill Braithwaite looks to have he's been pretty non existent of late, been disappointing, I would expect more, but whoever is dropped Saturday can have very little complaint.

I'd have Baker back in and have him play further up the pitch, let the defensive midfield players take care of the Ipswich threat, we have a goal scoring forward in Britt who at this moment is feeding of scraps due to us creating zilch, its criminal.

I expect a last throw of the dice from Monk tomorrow with quite a few changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gestede playing and maybe even Bamford in the team as well.

This team is capable of beating Ipswich but you could really toss a coin on the outcome. If we score first we might have a chance, concede first and we'll capitulate.

Deep down I feel the best thing for the club in the longrun would be another hammering so we get rid of Monk.

I believe because of the pressure we will more likely see a caotic performance, agresive, fault ridden and players booked or sent off.

If we throw caution to the wind and we go a goal down, then it certainly could happen.

As bleak as it sounds, the only thing that will could help to save Monk long term will be if he stumbles on some kind of line-up/formation that works and we win 3-0/4-0.

If we scramble through another narrow win, it's not going to change our prospects for the season.

If we lose, I don't think Monk will get the sack just yet, but you'd think Gibson will start making plans for a short term/long term replacement.

Looking forward to Christie/Downing supplying Britt and hopefully Gestede too. If both the big men start we could cause them a few problems. Randolph could be busy with their direct style and their diagonal balls testing our full backs.

Deep down I feel the best thing for the club in the longrun would be another hammering so we get rid of Monk.

surely if you want rid of Monk the best thing would be to hope we play absolutely out of our skin, win well every week, and allow him eventually to be poached by Barcelona