oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Mind blowing especially as he only cost £5.5m...

I thought the deal was upwards to 10 million. Granted that is probably including bonusses etc. but thats the fee I've seen reported. Anyways, he is still not a 5,5 million pound player  :dodgy:

With SHotton going to RB we might need some backup centrally, unless Pulis will trust Fry as third choice. If not then Erik Sviatchenko is apparently available from Celtic for as little as 1,5-2 million. Has been injured recently but has the potential to be a really good value for money buy at that price and could very well challenge Ayala for a starting spot. I suppose other areas are of more concern though.

Probably transfer fee vs all in fee. I don’t pay much attention to transfer fees now as they are inflated by agents and the clubs to make it sound more spectacular. I still think there’s a decent player there - but he probably won’t fit the new manager.

I think a new CB is vital - who’s going to play left back if we don’t sign someone.... ? I’d also look for a new CM as if Clayton is off we are going to be pretty short there. I don’t rate forshaw and leadbitter/howson will be suspended for a good few games.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Braithwaite and his World Cup chances. Surely, it's just a rumour, right? Hareide picked Andras Bjelland (Brentford), Lasse Vibe (Brentford), Jonas Knudsen (Ipswich), Mike Jensen (Rosenborg), Bendtner (Rosenborg), Viktor Fischer (Mainz, and has barely played) for Denmark's games against Ireland.

We are not exactly loaded with players on the attacking positions. But, perhaps he feels that way and wants to leave. In the end, it's down to his own performance and not the level of the Championship.

Re Braithwaite and his World Cup chances. Surely, it's just a rumour, right? Hareide picked Andras Bjelland (Brentford), Lasse Vibe (Brentford), Jonas Knudsen (Ipswich), Mike Jensen (Rosenborg), Bendtner (Rosenborg), Viktor Fischer (Mainz, and has barely played) for Denmark's games against Ireland.

We are not exactly loaded with players on the attacking positions. But, perhaps he feels that way and wants to leave. In the end, it's down to his own performance and not the level of the Championship.

Agree on that. Surely he realized 6 months ago just what the Championship would influence his chances. He needs to get back into form and bag a couple of goals before the next friendly. He should be ahead of Fischer and Vibe for one of the spot beside the striker, but he is way below Sisto and Eriksen. If he can make himself a permantent fixture in Pulis' team I think he will be going to Russia.

I think the positions we need to strengthen is left back to compete with Friend.

Winger depending on formation and then an playmaker.

Outgoings I think we will see Forshaw, Fabio, Fletcher on loan and recall maybe of baker and Roberts.

If his first window for his previous two clubs is anything to go by, expect a winger and an enforcer

If we have lead bitter and Clayton I’d be surprised with an enforcer. Jan a bad time to buy so I can see him buying just what we don’t have

I think already it is quite clear that the below positions are open for strengthening.

Randolph

Shotton - Ayala - Gibson - LB

Howson - CM

RM (Traore?) Downing

Gestede Britt

So priority should be a LB and a right winger. CM need strengthening but problem we have already to many so a few need to go first. Strikers also too many but can’t see us selling so many and buy new. CM hopefully but not strikers

If his first window for his previous two clubs is anything to go by, expect a winger and an enforcer

If we have lead bitter and Clayton I’d be surprised with an enforcer.  Jan a bad time to buy so I can see him buying just what we don’t have

All Leadbitter can do is shout and look angry now, we need someone who can actually do more than that and *** knows what's going on with Clayton.

We need someone who is physical and can actually tackle without getting booked :P

The team doesn't seem to function without Leadbitter in it.. when Gibbo was captain it was like the blind leading the blind..

There's been plenty of games when it hasn't functioned with Leadbitter in it.

Although, a player I'd absolutely love to sign, as I think he'd be perfect next to Howson, would be Joe Ledley.

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely as I'm pretty sure he only signed for Derby in the summer.

If we have lead bitter and Clayton I’d be surprised with an enforcer.  Jan a bad time to buy so I can see him buying just what we don’t have

All Leadbitter can do is shout and look angry now, we need someone who can actually do more than that and *** knows what's going on with Clayton.

We need someone who is physical and can actually tackle without getting booked :P

If you want to know what's going on with Clayton you want to read the thread on fmttm :D  Apparently he has been in a fight with Leadbitter, failed an inhouse drugtest, bullies Fletcher and has been injured :huh: