Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Clayton

I’m choosing to believe the “injured” tag

But if he isn’t.  He was a regular with monk then not even in the squad. And pullis has brought guys out of retirement and still not had him on the bench  so if he isn’t injured something is very very wrong

I too would like to believe he is injured Rich but you think we would have heard something by now if that was the case. All seems very odd to me.

Or he has been a naughty boy and isn’t available for selection but that’s just from left field. It doesn’t add up

Barnsley manager has said in his press conference he would like Ashley Fletcher back at the club. Seems like an ideal loan move personally

Not sure I see the point this season, unless Pulis brings in a replacement. If Gestede/Britt pick up an injury then he could well be called upon on a more regular basis. In the summer then yes , but not for now

Think it makes perfect sense for all involved, we need to reduce the squad size, we get to develop a young player, Ashley gets to play regular football at a club where he will be appreciated because of his role in their promotion, Barnsley get a talented striker.

Agree to disagree but the one area we need numbers in is up front as injuries there are almost impossible to cover. I agree we need to lose players but I personally see this in midfield.

I actually think Fletcher will make a decent player and in a perfect world we would loan him , but this is far from perfect , unless as I say Pulis brings in another forward.

Where is Clayton

But if he isn’t.  He was a regular with monk then not even in the squad. And pullis has brought guys out of retirement and still not had him on the bench  so if he isn’t injured something is very very wrong

I too would like to believe he is injured Rich but you think we would have heard something by now if that was the case. All seems very odd to me.

Or he has been a naughty boy and isn’t available for selection but that’s just from left field. It doesn’t add up

You are probably saying what a few of us are thinking but don't want to say!

Where is Clayton

Only plausible explanation

I hope Fletcher never sees another minute of football for us. He looks like he can win headers and bring the ball down but he has no desire to get the ball at all. An absolute waste of space.

Seems unbelievably harsh. The lad has played 440 minutes.. less than 5 full games, yet for example has the same goals as Bamford and more assists - clearly not a waste of space.. Whenever he comes on he looks bereft of confidence, doesn't help with the crowd all over him either.

I hope Fletcher never sees another minute of football for us. He looks like he can win headers and bring the ball down but he has no desire to get the ball at all. An absolute waste of space.

Not desiring to get the ball is a huge sign of his lack of confidence... which isn't helped when fans are constantly groaning when he's on the pitch. I think the entire team has been suffering from this and are trying to hide a bit during games, no one wants to be the player to get it wrong and bring the wrath of the crowd.

Fletcher for Barnsley is a Bamford style figure for us, I think they'd welcome him back with open arms and patience.

Seems unbelievably harsh. The lad has played 440 minutes.. less than 5 full games, yet for example has the same goals as Bamford and more assists - clearly not a waste of space.. Whenever he comes on he looks bereft of confidence, doesn't help with the crowd all over him either.

Exactly this - if he was a kid from Stockton we'd be backing him and giving him time. It's not his fault he came with a huge price tag - now he's here lets give him time and support to be a success

Where is Clayton

I suggested it last week

It's not the only plausible explanation though is it? When Braithwaite got injured nobody had a clue what was going on and we actually knew he was injured. The Echo had him back the following week, The Gazette had him out for a while and the club didn't say a bloody thing from what I remember. Is Guedioura just not being picked? Is he injured? Is he a figment of our imagination? Oh look he's injured apparently and now he's fit and in the side again. At the point that Clayton was dropped he wasn't playing well. So he could have been dropped, he could have had a proper go at Monk, he could have lamped someone or perhaps even something else but something bad isn't the only plausible explanation.

I suggested it last week

I've seen a few forcibly deleted threads about his 'naughtiness' on fmttm. I personally thought it must be *** if it isn't then him not playing this weekend won't necessarily mean anything.

Exactly this - if he was a kid from Stockton we'd be backing him and giving him time. It's not his fault he came with a huge price tag - now he's here lets give him time and support to be a success

It all stems from Barnsley away when I was explaining to my non-boro supporting mate that I did not think that Fletcher was a very good player. Then 20 seconds later he has scored an own goal.

I know that own goals can happen to anybody but it was just typical and that has stuck on my mind ever since.

Wouldnt object to him starting in the cup but I can’t get behind giving him time to prove himself in the league. Especially when there is so much to play for.

Fletcher clearly isn't ready to start but as has been said his confidence is clearly zero, he's so hesitant and weak in everything he does yet the Barnsley fans all love him.

All his problems point to confidence issues, then you get our idiot fans booing him onto the pitch.

Fletcher clearly isn't ready to start but as has been said his confidence is clearly zero, he's so hesitant and weak in everything he does yet the Barnsley fans all love him.

All his problems point to confidence issues, then you get our idiot fans booing him onto the pitch.

I would never boo one of our players while they were on the pitch, unless they personally gave me the finger. But there are much better options available to us when we are chasing the play offs.

Regarding Fletcher, recruitment must surely have questioned asked of it. To spend that much money for a young player is obviously a big investment. If they can't handle the pressure of a promotion chasing side, why get him in the first place?

Why didn't we spend 7 mil on areas of the pitch which we desperately needed instead?

I'm all for giving him a chance but it's a tough environment to come into a side which has promotion as the main objective.

A sign to be positive though, I don't think Monk had the nous to develop players as much as Pulis does. I love that we have an experienced man at the helm who would probably be able to see what attributes players have /don't have. As seen with Traore.

If (and it's a big if) Pulis gets Traore firing then he will be worth crazy amounts. The fact that he is more willing to try is reassuring.

Finally going back to Fletcher, maybe Pulis will see something he likes and work with him more.