• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You all know my feeling on the trusty trio, thank goodness it has been disbanded and I quite hope that Clayton leaves as well, annoyed about the supposed Leadbitter extension.

Last game out Forshaw had his best game for Boro and I admitted that but boy took him long enough

Can’t say I agree on the Leadbitter thing. Club captain, vastly experienced, clearly offers a lot to the squad outside the pitch too and Pulis is the third manager in a row to acknowledge that. Glad that he has extended his deal because even if we bring someone better in he will be a very handy player to have around

But he offers nothing but shouty shout on the pitch

Shows how pathetic our scouting dept are if they can’t find a better player than leadbitter.  I’m no scout but I saw someone better last week.  Had a pointy cap on and kept shouting hear yee hear yee

Yep that's why I don't fancy us to go up or even make the play offs, other teams have players in midfield who can change and influence a game and weigh in with goals, but 2 of our main midfielders( Leadbitter & Downing ) are players who looked like they would be out of the door before the season had started, we needed to move on. Wolves addressed that issue and that's exactly why they're smashing the league.

That Douglas wolves signed is a beast.

It's one thing I'm most annoyed about really that even after a season in the premiership we're still harping on about Clayton and leadbitter.

It's one thing I'm most annoyed about really that even after a season in the premiership we're still harping on about Clayton and leadbitter.

Barry Douglas is a fullback, isn't he?

Interesting from Alex Baptiste on one of those teammate q&a things on the gaz, about Bamford

Worst trainer

"A tough one - maybe Patrick Bamford. It wasn't a case of him not putting in the effort, but just sometimes the stuff he'd try wouldn't come off.

"To be fair to him, it's always the attackers who are in danger there. Defenders have a pretty easy gig - they don't have to try anything flash.

"But I suppose that's what training is for, to try out a few things, but it's always funny when somebody tries something and it back-fires.

"Patrick at least had the brain to try some new tricks - I certainly didn't."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-baptiste-ex-middlesbrough-teammates-14178703

Yeh Douglas good signing 4 goals and 6 assists from fullback, think your spot on with regard to Clayton  and Leadbitter.

You all know my feeling on the trusty trio, thank goodness it has been disbanded and I quite hope that Clayton leaves as well, annoyed about the supposed Leadbitter extension.

Last game out Forshaw had his best game for Boro and I admitted that but boy took him long enough

Can’t say I agree on the Leadbitter thing. Club captain, vastly experienced, clearly offers a lot to the squad outside the pitch too and Pulis is the third manager in a row to acknowledge that. Glad that he has extended his deal because even if we bring someone better in he will be a very handy player to have around

Shows how pathetic our scouting dept are if they can’t find a better player than leadbitter.  I’m no scout but I saw someone better last week.  Had a pointy cap on and kept shouting hear yee hear yee

Yep that's why I don't fancy us to go up or even make the play offs, other teams have players in midfield who can change and influence a game and weigh in with goals, but 2 of our main midfielders( Leadbitter & Downing ) are players who looked like they would be out of the door before the season had started, we needed to move on. Wolves addressed that issue and that's exactly why they're smashing the league.

But Downing has been our best player this season.

Not sure it’s leadbitters job to weigh in with goals it’s to give protection and allow Britt gestede braithwaite traore bamford freedom to go forward

John McGinn is playing for Hibernian vs Hearts (unless he has picked up an injury or suspension) on Sky Sports Main Event at 2.05pm tomorrow so it will be worthwhile watching the match to see how he gets on. He probably won't be an option until the Summer though, going by Pulis' recent comments about no permanent signings this transfer window, so I don't expect him to be a signing this window.