oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

if football manager has taught me anything it's that we need to play more strikers and loan in borja mayoral. in January mayoral has 19 goals gestede 17 (lol) Britt 14 bamford 11 and Braithwaite 7 (is injured 4 months to start)

play 3 at the back with wingbacks two cms and 3 strikers. win games 6-2 and 7-3. easy peasy.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it would be good for the lad to get games / confidence , and yes he is behind others in the pecking order at the moment but if those players were out injured/suspended then he is good cover and our needs have to come first.

In a perfect world I would loan him with a 24 hr recall but only if that could be agreed , or is even possible.

As I have previously written Barnsley still have to play all our rivals at the top, so it would be a good move to let them have him and hope he can help nick a few points off them.

FWIW Braithwaite's Mrs is on Instagram and she seems to love England.

Without being amazing, he's been one of our most effective players, around the box him and Downing have a good understanding. And coming from French football into the Championship has to be a complete 180 for him. With time he'll only improve, I'd much rather keep him around than Fletcher.

I mean.. it's instragram. Everything is perfect on instragram. 

But, I agree with you. I'd rather keep Braithwaite than Fletcher. I have a feeling it's up to Braithwaite though. I'm sure Pulis recognises his work rate, talent, and dedication. He's a player who wants the ball even if things are going wrong. Courage! 

Perhaps he doesn't fit a Pulis team that well, but with a bit of training I'm sure it's possible.

He is currently fifth choice so really needs to go out on loan. That would likely also free up space for someone who could make a bigger impact over the next 4 months. Win-win all around. Especially if his goals elsewhere take points off our rivals.

We should hang on to Fletcher, he is an option up front and a like for like back up if Britt gets injured.

If Braithwaite goes back to France (which I think he will) Fletch would get time from the bench. It would only hurt the lad’s confidence to loan him out 6 months after signing him.

Not the only one then , and my point re the potential for injuries etc

I personally couldn't care less if we had 10 forwards on the books after January as we will undoubtdely need firepower over the rest of the season

By all means if TP doesn't want him in the summer then I would go along with offloading him (although I still hold to the view he will come good) but loaning him out now just doesn't make much sense , and any cut price sale certainly doesn't

I agree he could become a very good player but not without going on loan and getting games we have Britt gestede and braithwaite so I don’t think we need a fourth choice

As for Danes comment that he hasn’t seen any improvement , well I doubt we will see improvement giving him ten mins every fourth game . But he has got the attributes to be a good player height speed. And he scored a few goals on loan at Barnsley

I didn't say I haven't seen any improvement, because I actually like the guy. Gets into some decent positions and has a good eye for his teammates. I'd let him go out to get more minutes and maybe score against our rivals only if we can get someone in who can offer more in the coming months.

Sorry it was wilson that said he hadn’t seen signs of improvement

I agree it would be good for the lad to get games / confidence , and yes he is behind others in the pecking order at the moment but if those players were out injured/suspended then he is good cover and our needs have to come first.

In a perfect world I would loan him with a 24 hr recall but only if that could be agreed , or is even possible.

We’d need injuries to two forwards before we needed him back and even then he would be on the bench. I think he is one we could risk loaning ..much more than fry anyway

Werder Bremen also apparently looking at Braithwaite.

Bremen haven't really got any money either. I would however take Thomas Delaney + cash in exchange for him. Would be perfect next to Howson. But would Braithwaite want to go to a club that could very well be relegated this season. I doubt that.

We’d need injuries to two forwards before we needed him back and even then he would be on the bench.  I think he is one we could risk loaning ..much more than fry anyway

I am just a pessimistic bugger Rich --What if 1 is injured and 1 suspended /any variety of 2 being out really isn't that hard to imagine. If we are to believe we dont need to loan players for wageroll reasons then I don't see the short term benefit , although I agree it could have a big long term benefit on the lad.

Oh and I agree that Fry should stay. I would imagine that even in training the drilling they must be getting from Pulis / Woodgate can only benefit him.

We’d need injuries to two forwards before we needed him back and even then he would be on the bench.  I think he is one we could risk loaning ..much more than fry anyway

I am just a pessimistic bugger Rich --What if 1 is injured and 1 suspended /any variety of 2 being out really isn't that hard to imagine. If we are to believe we dont need to loan players for wageroll reasons then I don't see the short term benefit , although I agree it could have a big long term benefit on the lad.

Oh and I agree that Fry should stay. I would imagine that even in training the drilling they must be getting from Pulis / Woodgate can only benefit him.

I think this is the reason Pulis wants youth players training with the first team, if a succession of unlikely injuries and suspensions happen then you can blood a youngster who's hungry to impress.

I don't like bringing young players like Roberts in on loan who we had no intention of playing, unless there was an injury crisis...

Daily Mail say we're interested in QPR midfielder Jordan Cousins.

"The 23 year old has had nightly injuries this season but could be available for around £1m as QPR look to offset financial concerns."

He's only 5 ft 10 in though so not sure if this could be right...

He has been capped by England at under-16, 17, 18 and 20 levels and can play anywhere in midfield, though usually in the centre.

Werder Bremen also apparently looking at Braithwaite.

Bremen haven't really got any money either. I would however take Thomas Delaney + cash in exchange for him. Would be perfect next to Howson. But would Braithwaite want to go to a club that could very well be relegated this season. I doubt that.

Saw Delaney play against Bayern last weekend and he looked very good. Incredible work rate and stamina. Very direct as well which would suit our midfield. Can't see Bremen letting anyone go in their current predicament, that could change later this year though and I imagine he would be one of the first to leave should they be relegated.

"The 23 year old has had nightly injuries this season but could be available for around £1m as QPR look to offset financial concerns."

He has been capped by England at under-16, 17, 18 and 20 levels and can play anywhere in midfield, though usually in the centre.

I get quite a few nightly injuries these days. I think it comes with age. :)

I know pullis does like a few tall players especially defenders but I think we are tarring him with the wrong brush. Throughout his manegeriel career most players he has signed have been 6ft and below and some of his real stalwarts like Glenn whelan and way below 6ft

It was even suggested he wouldn’t have liked Juninho well I’d say any good manager would want top players regardless of height