oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

I really can't see us bringing in any centre midfielders. We've got far too many as it is.

Maybe, but the one player we've really been concretely credited with having interest in was Grujic, who's obviously a CM, so maybe Pulis feels like there is a requirement there.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Werder Bremen also apparently looking at Braithwaite.

Bremen haven't really got any money either. I would however take Thomas Delaney + cash in exchange for him. Would be perfect next to Howson. But would Braithwaite want to go to a club that could very well be relegated this season. I doubt that.

Saw Delaney play against Bayern last weekend and he looked very good. Incredible work rate and stamina. Very direct as well which would suit our midfield. Can't see Bremen letting anyone go in their current predicament, that could change later this year though and I imagine he would be one of the first to leave should they be relegated.

He’s excellent. Would be a perfect fit for Howson. Only cost bremen 1 million pounds. Really wanted us to get in there when he was available but I suppose he would probably choose the Bundesliga over the championship.

@GraemeBailey: Couple of very good players they are trying for, would be a big boost.

Anyone reckon Grame should probably tell the club about this? Don’t think they even seem to know this themselves.

I just cant for the life of my think of any available wingers who would come in for the left hand side.

Id have said Sako but he is playing well now for Palace. Someone said Burke but cant see that happening (chuffed to bits if it did).

@GraemeBailey: Couple of very good players they are trying for, would be a big boost.

Anyone reckon Grame should probably tell the club about this? Don’t think they even seem to know this themselves.

That is so easy for Bailey to say. We are obviously looking at some good players if we want to improve the team. We’ve got plenty of players so we aren’t looking for backups but only improvements and we’ve got the money to pay some good wages for a short period.

I just cant for the life of my think of any available wingers who would come in for the left hand side.

Id have said Sako but he is playing well now for Palace. Someone said Burke but cant see that happening (chuffed to bits if it did).

But Burke is a right winger and neither him not Traore would be as effective ushered out onto the left wing.

I thought Pulis played Traore at LW for the QPR game?. I didn't go but it looked like that from the highlights. Maybe he fancies him at LW. His delivery into the box seems better from the left - similar to how Adomah could put a far better cross from deeper positions on left than from the right so maybe that could be in his thinking.

Think if it was Burke there is definitely scope for playing him on the left as well. I think hes more likely to cut in and shoot than Traore is. 

Didn't he have a very good goals return albeit in a very small sample size of games when he was at forest? Sure he worked well with Britt as well, might have been Antonio like.

Burke has also played for two teams this season. Played a cup game game for Leipzig before moving to WBA. I think I recall him playing almost all his senior career games at right wing both at forest and Leipzig.

What about Jonathan Leko ? He's been recalled from Bristol City but hasn't played. Pulis will know all about him, he's a decent size at 6ft and very skilful. Him and Traore alternating throughout games ?

*Edit - he played 20 minutes for WBA in the cup in August so he's ruled out.

Burke has also played for two teams this season. Played a cup game game for Leipzig before moving to WBA. I think I recall him playing almost all his senior career games at right wing both at forest and Leipzig.

Someone previously mentioned that cup was preseason, does it count as a competitive game still, or would he be okay?

Someone previously mentioned that cup was preseason, does it count as a competitive game still, or would he be okay?

That was me. What I said was that it’s a smaller cup ala the English league cup but it’s played before the league starts up. It’s competitive games.

That was me. What I said was that it’s a smaller cup ala the English league cup but it’s played before the league starts up. It’s competitive games.

Ah alright dangit that's a shame!

I thought Pulis played Traore at LW for the QPR game?. I didn't go but it looked like that from the highlights. Maybe he fancies him at LW. His delivery into the box seems better from the left - similar to how Adomah could put a far better cross from deeper positions on left than from the right so maybe that could be in his thinking.

Started him on the left but quickly swapped him over with Bamford after about 15 minutes - from there (RW) he ran the show. He's getting to the byline a lot more now down the right, and his crossing is better as well - he just stands them up in the box. From the left I feel like he'd overcomplicate things... he would be less confident to cross early and would be more tempted to try to cut back and take everyone on.