oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Would love Andy King here... possibly too similar in Role to the way Howson plays though?

Maybe. I would love to see him next to Howson. Both have tremendous work rate. I don't think we need a classic defensive midfielder as our defense is a lot tighter now and our full backs don't bomb on as much.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If the reports are to be believed then Harrison was available for £5 million from New York City but Stoke weren't willing to pay that for such an unproven player. If that is accurate then he should surely be available for a fee at the of his loan deal. The lad will have next to no chance of ever breaking through at Man City. I think Man City signing him will be similar to how they signed Aaron Mooy from Melbourne and then loaned him out to Huddersfield - they didn't have an agreed fee into the initial loan, but then later signed him for around £12 million.

A 3 minute highlight clip on YouTube appears to show him predominantly as a left-footed right-sided player. My main concern is I'd imagine the quality of defenders he's come up against there is nowhere near as good as the Championship. He doesn't scream out to be the kind of player who will turn a mid-table side into play-off contenders. But then neither did Bamford back in 14/15 really. Just really difficult to know what to expect.

From the clips he looks strong, quick, skilful and a wand of a left foot .. Yes it's in MLS so that needs to be taken into consideration but he was at United's academy and has been picked for England u21s so there must be something there

Even Jack Harrison coming off the bench for the last 20/30 minutes, at least while he finds match fitness, will surely be a better option than than Marvin Johnson.

Good point!

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this lad aint the answer to anything!

We need a left winger, and Harrison plays on the right in a league that's roughly the same quality as League 1 or 2.

If this is 'the solution' for our left wing problems, it shows a real lack of ambition by the club.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this lad aint the answer to anything!

We need a left winger, and Harrison plays on the right in a league that's roughly the same quality as League 1 or 2.

If this is 'the solution' for our left wing problems, it shows a real lack of ambition by the club.

I don't think it's a lack of ambition. Probably more like a lack of options so signing for the sake of signing. It has been done before, just last January.