• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people are very skeptical about the quality of MLS but there are some very good players playing there and for every Kai Kamara there is a gem and I think Harrison could be a quality player going forward. I also like the look of Cyle Larin playing in Orlando

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this lad aint the answer to anything!

We need a left winger, and Harrison plays on the right in a league that's roughly the same quality as League 1 or 2.

If this is 'the solution' for our left wing problems, it shows a real lack of ambition by the club.

I don't think it's a lack of ambition. Probably more like a lack of options so signing for the sake of signing. It has been done before, just last January.

There must be a left winger somewhere in the world!

I am officially throwing my toys out of the pram. We need a bloody left winger and we should move heaven and earth to bloody well sign one.

I know I'm not the only one fed up of square pegs in round holes - our squad of midfielders/attackers is all over the place!

Palace to pay £8m for Jordan Hugill? ... Wow.

They bid 10 million Euros for a striker in the Danish league that has only done it for 6 months and was signed for 350.000 pounds in the summer :huh: The Danish club rejected as they were unhappy that 5 million was performance related and also demands upwards of 15 million for the entire deal. Hugill at least has experience from the English Leagues but Palace are getting desperate. Think PNE can easily hold out for 10 million.

It wouldn't be a Boro signing without him being written off before he'd even arrived.

There is a difference between writing him off and questioning whether he is what we need. O young right winger from a poor league who hasn't played any football in three months. I'm sure he is fine talent but is that really what we need? I was hoping for someone a bit more established to come in and help us. I'll be behind him without doubt if he comes, as he certainly can't be worse than Johnson. It's a concern though, that he has only played 3 senior games at left wing.

MLS may be of a poor standard. But that isn't reason enough alone to rule out the impact a player could have to offer in the Championship. If Pep wants him then he must have some ability.

Not sure how it would work positionally. Maybe Traore, Downing and Harrison rotating positions? We've seen the former 2 played in a number of positions, so could be that that's TP's plan for the front 3.

MLS may be of a poor standard. But that isn't reason enough alone to rule out the impact a player could have to offer in the Championship. If Pep wants him then he must have some ability.

Not sure how it would work positionally. Maybe Traore, Downing and Harrison rotating positions? We've seen the former 2 played in a number of positions, so could be that that's TP's plan for the front 3.

I really don't think Pep wants him, City's accounts team want him...

BORO WANT BESIC

Middlesbrough are in talks with Everton over a loan deal for midfielder Mo Besic, according to Sky sources.

We understand Tony Pulis is also interested in signing New York City winger Jack Harrison on loan, IF Manchester City buy him from the MLS club before the window shuts.

The potential arrivals of Besic and Harrison could have ramifications for Adam Clayton’s future at Boro.

And at the same time Allardyce has told West Ham that Schneiderlin is not for sale, as he wants to keep him. That could open up Boros chances of getting Besic.

And another, but not quite news anymore:

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester City are close to agreeing a deal to sign Jack Harrison from sister club New York City, according to Sky sources.

The England Under 21 winger has impressed since breaking through in MLS.

He’s landed in the UK today and we understand the two clubs are hopeful of confirming the transfer for around £4m this afternoon.

Harrison will then be loaned to Middlesbrough for the rest of the season.