oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Id close this thread now no transfer is coming, Pulis has just said it on his interview. 2 or 3 will be moved on and we might bring a loan in thats it.

Where would you put the news about the loan,

or the transfers out for that matter?

You know would actually be really good - a transfer thread, where news of transfers and loans in and out can be posted.

What do you think thomas?

Errr non boro football.... ow wait other boro stuff

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The article is a bit weird. He is not a left sided player. In fact he has almost never played on the left in his career. Almost all his games have been from central midfield or DM. Seems to add quite  a few goals and assists. Never heard of him though so purely looking at his stats. 

Maybe he is seen as an alternative to partner Howson, because Howson really needs a better partner. Both Leadbitter and Clayton are too limited. I'd happily sell Clayton to get someone who looks up like Howson.

I'll get more pleasure out of selling players tomorrow than I will buying any.

I'd happily sell any of the strikers at the moment if we have the chance.

We're not going to get our money back on Bamford and Britt. Braithwaite maybe because he still has a name on the continent, however the clubs haven't got as much money. Maybe in the summer. A desperate Prem club like Palace could make an offer for Britt but I doubt it and Bamford wouldn't even attract a loan bid. Gestede I think we need and he showed some strenght coming on yesterday winning a few balls in the box and setting up Braithwaite.

As long as we don’t lose any of the following today I will be happy. Randolph Shotton Gibbo Ayala Howson Traore Downing. Anyone else I’m not overly fussed about.

I'd be happy to lose Downing today if we replaced him with someone who produced assists or goals.  For all the talk of his renaissance, he still isn't creating or scoring goals and I for one am just as underwhelmed as when he returned to us in 2015.

I'll get more pleasure out of selling players tomorrow than I will buying any.

I'd happily sell any of the strikers at the moment if we have the chance.

We're not going to get our money back on Bamford and Britt. Braithwaite maybe because he still has a name on the continent, however the clubs haven't got as much money. Maybe in the summer. A desperate Prem club like Palace could make an offer for Britt but I doubt it and Bamford wouldn't even attract a loan bid. Gestede I think we need and he showed some strenght coming on yesterday winning a few balls in the box and setting up Braithwaite.

We'd have to take a financial hit if we decided to sell any of our strikers, I think that might be the case in the summer because I don't think Pulis rates any of them.

I wouldn't sell all of them at once but I'd happily lose a couple of them today and not be overly fussed.

Apart from Traore none of the players behind the striker offer anything.

Agree with this bit; Downing has been overrated for months now and on the left we keep square-pegging strikers into left-wing roles.

We need a new centre midfielder, a better one. Howson's doing the work of both CM's, Leadbitter just hasn't been good enough of late, and unfortunately I don't have much faith in Clayton to step up at this time.

I'd be happy to get a new CM in today, hopefully this Harrison can provide something on the left. I doubt we're going to get any new strikers so the current crop who are supposed to be some of the best in the league need to start pulling their finger out and finding the back of the net. What is it with Boro and ruining strikers :)

On Britt - he was top scorer in the league shortly before Pulis came. His movement has been poor, but it mightn't always be his fault...

My Dad used to sell insurance to a Boro player in the 80s/90s. The lad was getting stick from the stands about the runs he was making - but the problem was, they were the runs his manager was telling him to do. Had him caught between a rock and a hard place...

I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on with Britt - and we know he was a little out of sorts even before Pulis came, but he's certainly not your standard TP striker. He's consistently done it at this level for years, and even now he's still the joint 3rd top scorer in the Champo this season. One way or another, Assombalonga and Pulis need to find a middle ground where they can both operate effectively - otherwise, we can write the season off today.

Agree with this bit; Downing has been overrated for months now and on the left we keep square-pegging strikers into left-wing roles.

I disagree. Everything goes through Downing, and he has to drop deep because the two CMs don't really move forward with the ball. He isn't really an 'attacking' player in the way Ramirez was, but he is integral to the way we play. He does need more from whoever is playing on the left though.

I disagree. Everything goes through Downing, and he has to drop deep because the two CMs don't really move forward with the ball. He isn't really an 'attacking' player in the way Ramirez was, but he is integral to the way we play. He does need more from whoever is playing on the left though.

He isn't really an 'attacking' player in the way Ramirez was, but he is integral to the way we play.

Well maybe we shouldnt play that way then!!!

As long as we don’t lose any of the following today I will be happy. Randolph Shotton Gibbo Ayala Howson Traore Downing. Anyone else I’m not overly fussed about.

I'd be happy to lose Downing today if we replaced him with someone who produced assists or goals.  For all the talk of his renaissance, he still isn't creating or scoring goals and I for one am just as underwhelmed as when he returned to us in 2015.

he has the joint most assists this season and far and away the most key passes per game of any of our players.

our entire offence runs through him, as Tom said.