oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

It's clear that promotion is not being considered this year.

We're 3 points off playoffs and 9 off auto...

Pretty certain it's being considered

Really? You don't sell and loan out in January if you're consolidating a promotion push.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

***ing mental isn't it, 3 points off play offs and half our fans are acting like we might aswell just pack up now.

Of course it's still being considered, but it seems that they're also considering a prolonged stay in this division again. The summer investment was a gamble on an immediate return, at the moment that's looking increasingly unlikely by the game. Braithwaite being moved on 6 months down the line for a loss and Pulis' 'I'm not spending Steve's money' rhetoric signals the cost cutting.

If we really still only had promotion as the minimum target for the season we'd have still been investing now. The net spend after Forshaw's exit was still relatively low, around £4m net spend, so further investment wouldn't have been out of the question, and the squad isn't exactly well rounded and in great depth. Can't really blame them though for reigning it in a bit. We've not looked like a promotion outfit at any stage and we're just about into the final 3rd of the season.

Well usually at this stage you go out and strengthen the squad if your trying to cement a place in the top 6, and so far that's not happening, and if we have players going out and none coming in then its a head scratcher if we're that serious.

@GFFN

Bordeaux have negotiated a €7m option to buy in their loan agreement with Middlesbrough for Martin Braithwaite - L'Équipe http://bit.ly/JanDDay2018

Now that is poor negotiation. Unless of course they pay a few million in loan fee. In that case we may almost break even.

It depends what the structure of our purchase was in the first place.  It might have been £1m down and then a further £8m when we win the Champions League.

I'm beginning to regret my bet on promotion then Premier league winners and champions league winners - especially now it looks like we're not getting Charlie Wyke

Pulis isn't looking at promotion as a priority this season and I reckon Gibson thinks the same. Get rid of Monk's dross and in the summer Pulis can build his own squad. That way if we don't get promoted next season Pulis won't have any excuses.

Of course it's still being considered, but it seems that they're also considering a prolonged stay in this division again. The summer investment was a gamble on an immediate return, at the moment that's looking increasingly unlikely by the game. Braithwaite being moved on 6 months down the line for a loss and Pulis' 'I'm not spending Steve's money' rhetoric signals the cost cutting.

If we really still only had promotion as the minimum target for the season we'd have still been investing now. The net spend after Forshaw's exit was still relatively low, around £4m net spend, so further investment wouldn't have been out of the question, and the squad isn't exactly well rounded and in great depth. Can't really blame them though for reigning it in a bit. We've not looked like a promotion outfit at any stage and we're just about into the final 3rd of the season.

Been saying it for months we don't look like a promotion outfit.

Pulis isn't looking at promotion as a priority this season and I reckon Gibson thinks the same. Get rid of Monk's dross and in the summer Pulis can build his own squad. That way if we don't get promoted next season Pulis won't have any excuses.

If either of them aren't looking at promotion as a priority this season then they shouldn't be here at all.

I'm beginning to regret my bet on promotion then Premier league winners, champions league winners - especially now it looks like we're not getting Charlie Wyke

Ah so this is all your fault then  :@

Yeah - you can 'boo' me if youlike ;-)

I'm beginning to regret my bet on promotion then Premier league winners, champions league winners - especially now it looks like we're not getting Charlie Wyke

Ah so this is all your fault then  :@

Yeah - you can 'boo' me if youlike ;-)

I usually do anyway  :dodgy:

If either of them aren't looking at promotion as a priority this season then they shouldn't be here at all.

Agreed. If Pulis doesn't make the playoffs this season there's no way I want him to spend a load of money and be here next season.