• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, I really liked Christie too :( I thought he was a great forward thinking player, but I guess if you don't fit the right mould it's better for him to go somewhere he does, he'll do well at Fulham.

Fulham were in talks for Mcgoldrick a few hours ago maybe that's a striker we're looking at?

Christie I never really connected with but he did have genuine pace and always seemed to try hence he became popular with a lot of fans, so clearly offload him 6 months in... I guess?

Bold window either way I don't think we've cleared deadwood so much as took a chainsaw to the Boro 17/18 squad photo circa September 2017, Crainie's going to be a starting fullback for us you'd presume I mean honestly I'm finding it hard right now to say we've upgraded anywhere right now except Basic possibly in the midfield and possibly Harrison on the LW although who knows?

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

Fulham were in talks for Mcgoldrick a few hours ago maybe that's a striker we're looking at?

Christie I never really connected with but he did have genuine pace and always seemed to try hence he became popular with a lot of fans, so clearly offload him 6 months in... I guess?

Bold window either way I don't think we're cleared deadwood so much as took a chainsaw to the Boro 17/18 squad photo circa September 2017, Crainie's going to be a starting fullback for us you'd presume I mean honestly I'm finding it hard right now to say we've upgraded anywhere right now except Basic possibly in the midfield and possibly Harrison on the LW although who knows?

Christie is far too much of an attacking full back for Pulis, he can lack defensively at times (although he usually is fine because he's quick) and therefore he can't play in a Pulis defence. 

Sucks but there we go, it's football I guess :(

Change in managers hurts players too, sometimes I forget that.

Strengthening a direct rival. This is getting beyond a joke now.

Christie doesn't fit a Pulis team, Cranie does. Did a job but he was never going to work under the current manager. Surely we need to think about the kind of players who work for us more than who works for other teams?

It's kinda funny in a black humour sort of way. Last summer we cleared out the previous season's buys and now we're clearing out last summer's buys. We're probably not buying anyone this month to save us having to get rid of them again in the summer.

Hahaha kill me ffs

Why on earth are we letting Christie go to Fulham?? Pretty much guarantees them a play off spot.

I'm almost wishing I'd put money on Wolves, Villa and Fulham for promotion at the start of the season... They are still the three I expect to go up.

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

Are you suggesting the manager shouldn't buy the players?

Strengthening a rival - yes. But at least these signings are CLEARLY filling the most important gaps (CM, AMF and back up DF) that are natural fits to the type of football TP wants to play. I'm fine with this window so far and support the fact that we're not throwing silly money at signings for the sake of it.

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

So what's gong to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

What exactly were you expecting when we changed managers twice in the space of 6 months? It's not like we've been doing it consistently for years either. Monk came in and tore up Karanka's game plan and rightly so, it was his team. It didn't work so Pulis has come in and rightly tore that up too. I don't really know what you expect the club to do. Pretend we are what we aren't?

It's kinda funny in a black humour sort of way.  Last summer we cleared out the previous season's buys and now we're clearing out last summer's buys.  We're probably not buying anyone this month to save us having to get rid of them again in the summer.

Hahaha kill me ffs

No, you can stick around and suffer with the rest of us.