• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

Are you suggesting the manager shouldn't buy the players?

The manager should have the final say but the way we have handled transfers over the last couple of years is nothing short of a shambles.

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

What exactly were you expecting when we changed managers twice in the space of 6 months? It's not like we've been doing it consistently for years either. Monk came in and tore up Karanka's game plan and rightly so, it was his team. It didn't work so Pulis has come in and rightly tore that up too. I don't really know what you expect the club to do. Pretend we are what we aren't?

Hire a manager more suited to the players we had?

Christie isn't a Pulis type of player as he's a fullback who can overlap, dribble and cross. Martin Cranie is far more Pulis's type of defender as he's a fullback who can't overlap, dribble or cross. He's over 6 foot though.

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

Which is what Pulis has said all along, no balance and too big a squad.

If this is what he thinks will correct that then fair play.

Christie to Fulham is the one that isn't sitting well with me at the minute though

Right...

Besic likely to join Boro on loan

Martin Crainie likely to join Boro on loan

Cyrus Christie going to Fulham on loan

Ashley Fletcher going to Sunderland on loan

And still expect Braithwaite to go t Bordeaux...all in the next 20 mins ?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

Super excited as a fan to connect to whatever players come in the summer no guarantee they'll last longer than next January but enjoy the ride while I can. I mean at this point we're outdoing Aston Villa for just a pure bat***tery transfer policy only way we match it is send our record signings Britt out on loan to a Chinese team or something. The thing is we aren't starting fresh now we're tearing it all down to start fresh in the summer and in the mean time let's just spend the time learning the system. I mean I get it from Pulis' point of view but I'm not sure I can bring myself to care about the results in the next 5 months or even certain players performances because what will a Harrison brace mean to me or a brilliant Besic display? I'm apathetic for the first time to a Boro season and we're halfway through it's just a shame.

Strengthening a rival - yes. But at least these signings are CLEARLY filling the most important gaps (CM, AMF and back up DF) that are natural fits to the type of football TP wants to play. I'm fine with this window so far and support the fact that we're not throwing silly money at signings for the sake of it.

An injury prone midfielder, a guy that isn't fit and hasn't played at this level before and a back up defender whose career path has seen him move from Pompey to Coventry to Barnsley and then to be a back up player at Huddersfield.  I might have a few quid on us going up automatically this season now  ;)

What exactly were you expecting when we changed managers twice in the space of 6 months? It's not like we've been doing it consistently for years either. Monk came in and tore up Karanka's game plan and rightly so, it was his team. It didn't work so Pulis has come in and rightly tore that up too. I don't really know what you expect the club to do. Pretend we are what we aren't?

Hire a manager more suited to the players we had?

^^^

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

So we should be buying a big bag of confidence in January....unless you know where we could get some on the cheap?

Which is what Pulis has said all along, no balance and too big a squad.

If this is what he thinks will correct that then fair play.

Christie to Fulham is the one that isn't sitting well with me at the minute though

Its just Pulis does not play with wing backs. Christie is not a good defender either. How many times have we been caught out with the long diagonal ball to his far post? Good going forward but Traore and Christie on the same side is asking for bother.