• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

Are you suggesting the manager shouldn't buy the players?

The manager should have the final say but the way we have handled transfers over the last couple of years is nothing short of a shambles.

I agree the last few seasons have been horrendous in terms of money wasted, what im trying to get at is how would you insure that it diddnt happen next summer?

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

So we should be buying a big bag of confidence in January....unless you know where we could get some on the cheap?

Can't we just get that Paul McKenna bloke to hypnotise them all and give them their confidence back?  How much does he cost, it can't be that much.  Why won't Gibson stump up the cash for this  :@

Lots of grumbles but hasn't Pulis always worked with smaller squads? He has only let go what he doesn't want to keep so its hugely debatable he is strengthening rivals

My only concern is that up front if both Braithwaite and Fletcher leave that does leave us potentially vulnerable to injuries

*** Tony Pulis. Going to have to crack open the gin at this rate.

Pulis has spent most of his career steering clubs away from relegation hence his love for defence...now he's looking at promotion he hasn't a clue what to do.

Lots of grumbles but hasn't Pulis always worked with smaller squads? He has only let go what he doesn't want to keep so its hugely debatable he is strengthening rivals

My only concern is that up front if both Braithwaite and Fletcher leave that does leave us potentially vulnerable to injuries

Yeah..smaller squads due to relegation and cost cutting....we're looking at promotion so it doesn't work!

If you believe rich then they've been tiny squads never mind small.

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

I think this is right. If we can get a forward that puts the chances away then I will be happy, otherwise its probably going to be another year in the championship.

Pulis has spent most of his career steering clubs away from relegation hence his love for defence...now he's looking at promotion he hasn't a clue what to do.

Except getting Stoke promoted.

He's got 2 (more?) promotions, I doubt he's completely oblivious...

Except getting Stoke promoted.

There's always an exception for every rule...

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

What exactly were you expecting when we changed managers twice in the space of 6 months? It's not like we've been doing it consistently for years either. Monk came in and tore up Karanka's game plan and rightly so, it was his team. It didn't work so Pulis has come in and rightly tore that up too. I don't really know what you expect the club to do. Pretend we are what we aren't?

Hire a manager more suited to the players we had?

^^^

Yeah, of course. A team like ours must have had a pick of some superb managerial talent. I'd say 'like who?' but we all know what the response to that would be.

We have 3 strikers left for a 1 striker formation, 1 of which (Bamford) has been used to cover wide areas, if we lose Britt to an injury and have another injury in a wide area needing Bamford out wide we will be relying on lone striker Gestede to carry the team. I mean keep Fletcher if we're getting money for Braithwaite but if we let both go that is not smart in my eyes but if we're not expecting much more than mid table we'll probably be fine I guess.

Well, apart from when he won promotion...

Don't let Pulis know you have gin as he'll probably sell it and replace it with a two litre of White Star cider. He'll sell anything decent at this moment.