oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

I'm not sure what everyone is kicking off about.

Braithwaite, never really had an impact on games, played on the fringes and popped up with a goal now and then in between.

Fletcher was never going to play

Christie was never going to play at the same time as traore, it was one or the other and I prefer traore. Plus it was only a month ago everyone was moaning how bad he was at the back.

We haven't really lost anything imo, besic on paper is an improvement in cm, cranie is cover and will barely play.

The only thing we're missing that I hoped we'd get is a left forward to replace braithwaite, someone said mcgoldrick who I think would have been a good shout.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

*** Tony Pulis. Going to have to crack open the gin at this rate.

Pulis has spent most of his career steering clubs away from relegation hence his love for defence...now he's looking at promotion he hasn't a clue what to do.

Except getting Stoke promoted.

That is why I believe gibsons got him in to get rid of the wage while keeping us up this season then next season reinvest with the view to going up.

Pulis has spent most of his career steering clubs away from relegation hence his love for defence...now he's looking at promotion he hasn't a clue what to do.

Well, apart from when he won promotion...

I also love the inference that a love for defence is never a good thing for a team with promotion ambitions. It's only what our most successful Championship manager since 2009 was best known for.

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

So we should be buying a big bag of confidence in January....unless you know where we could get some on the cheap?

Being able to focus on certain players/tactics/morale by having a smaller group to work with... no money needed. Dont be a *** just try see some positives

Braithwaite, never really had an impact on games, played on the fringes and popped up with a goal now and then in between.

Christie was never going to play at the same time as traore, it was one or the other and I prefer traore. Plus it was only a month ago everyone was moaning how bad he was at the back.

We haven't really lost anything imo, besic on paper is an improvement in cm, cranie is cover and will barely play.

The only thing we're missing that I hoped we'd get is a left forward to replace braithwaite, someone said mcgoldrick who I think would have been a good shout.

Basically my thoughts on this window exactly... Would prefer us to keep hold of Braithwaite but otherwise pretty content with this window.

Eddie McGoldrick?

Literally changing the clubs philosophy every 6 months. What happens when Pulis leaves in a couple of years and we get a manager who doesn't want a load of 6 foot plus players? Another window of huge change, absolutely throwing money away at the minute, it blows my mind.

What exactly were you expecting when we changed managers twice in the space of 6 months? It's not like we've been doing it consistently for years either. Monk came in and tore up Karanka's game plan and rightly so, it was his team. It didn't work so Pulis has come in and rightly tore that up too. I don't really know what you expect the club to do. Pretend we are what we aren't?

Hire a manager more suited to the players we had?

^^^

Yeah, of course. A team like ours must have had a pick of some superb managerial talent. I'd say 'like who?' but we all know what the response to that would be.

You can't read my posts anyway so what would you care what my suggestions would be ya big baby?   :P

I think it's possible that we could have hired a manager more suited to the squad we'd spent a lot of money putting together in the summer than Pulis.  However, Gibson felt he was the best man for the job and went for him.  It's very similar to what he's done in the past where he's gone from one extreme to another with his managers.  I'm not sure how helpful that is but there's no doubting Pulis is a decent manager.  It just depends what you're looking for ultimately I guess.

Well, apart from when he won promotion...

Aye 10 years ago. Different league now

Is it another transfer window where we don't sign a creative player?

Harrison?

Only onloan, we still have not addressed the issue since man city can call him back at any point.

Basically my thoughts on this window exactly... Would prefer us to keep hold of Braithwaite but otherwise pretty content with this window.

I literally feel nothing about braithwaite leaving, even last night until he had that shot he was anonymous.

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

So we should be buying a big bag of confidence in January....unless you know where we could get some on the cheap?

Being able to focus on certain players/tactics/morale by having a smaller group to work with... no money needed. Dont be a *** just try see some positives

yeah easy to swear at me if you can't articulate your reply! Grow up and learn some words with more than 1 syllable