oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

*** Tony Pulis. Going to have to crack open the gin at this rate.

Pulis has spent most of his career steering clubs away from relegation hence his love for defence...now he's looking at promotion he hasn't a clue what to do.

Well, apart from when he won promotion...

Aye 10 years ago. Different league now

Is it though?

There's more money involved but it's just as difficult to get out of than it has been since back then.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what everyone is kicking off about.

Braithwaite, never really had an impact on games, played on the fringes and popped up with a goal now and then in between.

Fletcher was never going to play

Christie was never going to play at the same time as traore, it was one or the other and I prefer traore. Plus it was only a month ago everyone was moaning how bad he was at the back.

We haven't really lost anything imo, besic on paper is an improvement in cm, cranie is cover and will barely play.

The only thing we're missing that I hoped we'd get is a left forward to replace braithwaite, someone said mcgoldrick who I think would have been a good shout.

Basically my thoughts on this window exactly... Would prefer us to keep hold of Braithwaite but otherwise pretty content with this window.

I literally feel nothing about braithwaite leaving, even last night until he had that shot he was anonymous.

He's had more of an impact this season than Traore has.

*** Tony Pulis. Going to have to crack open the gin at this rate.

Pulis has spent most of his career steering clubs away from relegation hence his love for defence...now he's looking at promotion he hasn't a clue what to do.

Well, apart from when he won promotion...

Aye 10 years ago. Different league now

Is it though?

There's more money involved but it's just as difficult to get out of than it has been since back then.

And we should have known this better than most clubs in the Championship! And we haven't taken steps to get out when the going is good. It might well be another 10 years til we get out.

So in one day, we've managed to sap a considerable portion of the natural creativity in the squad...(if Christie goes too, that is)

Praying it all works tactically, but it's not going to be pretty - and the way I see it we're weaker talent and creativity wise than we were yesterday, which is a huge concern.

Is there going to be a flurry of activity confirmed after 11 or should we go to bed?

Guessing Christie, Fletcher, Besic and Cranie. Doubt there'll be any surprises

I'll give it till quarter past then.

Braithwaite for me is the only one I find in any way tough to see leaving. I think he's capable of making the step up to the PL. In a shoddy team he's still managed to grab some goals and if Monk had just bloody stuck to his guns and reverted back to his preferred system rather than changed his mind entirely then who knows, things may have gotten better. I said back in August that promotion could hinge on him. He got injured for a short while and despite some decent games when he came back, he was working in a system that frankly wasn't suited for him.

The only thing that bugged me is that he didn't seem too willing to dig in when the going got tough. He seemed to come here under the same misguided belief that the club gave out from the back end of last season: We will smash the league. But we ***ed up and that's that.