oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Well I can understand some being a little underwhelmed but I don't think we are any weaker than we were at the beginning of January. If Harrison turns out ok I think the addition of a solid defender in Cranie and a bit of something different in Basic gives our squad a little more balance. In an ideal world I would really like another forward but I can understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully a few more outs and the squad will be a more manageable size.

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

So we should be buying a big bag of confidence in January...

Think Woody can probably help us out with that one...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it another transfer window where we don't sign a creative player?

Harrison?

He's not even ready to play yet, it sounds like a he'll take a while to get up to speed.

I would rather Christie on at 0-0 than Clayton. I like Clayton but he isn't the kind of player to stick on when you need a goal.

I saw people pointing out we had 27 shots over the 2 games and although we didn't score it is something to be celebrated. Sadly when most of these chances come to centre backs or end up as snapshots from knockdown s the conversion rate isn't going to be great.

I hope this Harrison is good and if we are going to keep Baker I would at least hope he will get a few games. "Oh but he was rubbish last time out"... who wasn't? Even Shotton has gone from the biggest waste of money ever and everyone knew it because they had seen him before and he was always rubbish and I said it first to..well...a defensively solid RB

So what's going to improve our win rate and get us in to promotion?

Confidence.

We have the players, we're creating the chances...

We're just not taking any of them

So we should be buying a big bag of confidence in January...

Think Woody can probably help us out with that one...

Really??? Nnnooo

I would rather Christie on at 0-0 than Clayton. I like Clayton but he isn't the kind of player to stick on when you need a goal.

I saw people pointing out we had 27 shots over the 2 games and although we didn't score it is something to be celebrated. Sadly when most of these chances come to centre backs or end up as snapshots from knockdown s the conversion rate isn't going to be great.

I hope this Harrison is good and if we are going to keep Baker I would at least hope he will get a few games. "Oh but he was rubbish last time out"... who wasn't? Even Shotton has gone from the biggest waste of money ever and everyone knew it because they had seen him before and he was always rubbish and I said it first to..well...a defensively solid  RB

It's ok we're replacing Clayton with a foreign player who isn't fit and does the same job.

Ahhhh the reality of the Pulis era starting to kick in...

Creativity and attacking flair... out

Height and ability to kick people... in

Yippee!!!! :/

Think your under selling besic there, has more technique in this little finger than Clayton or leadbitter.

Also bringing traore on more than any previous manager

Took a gamble on Harrison who is the exact opposite of what your suggesting.

Everyone is moaning about us selling a player who did nothing and signing a cloggers who will barely play anyway.

Ridiculous reaction from some of our fans