oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

My concern is none of the players baring maybe one (although he is 31 so getting on) that weve signed will be here next season so if the loans turn out great theyll go back and we will be left with nothing again.

Pulis will buy his team in the summer

The biggest concern is what manager we bring in after Pulis. He will be stuck with a Puis squad. Not many managers will find that very pleasant

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fletcher has gone I expect one more incoming

I doubt it. Still got Britt, Gestede and Bamford. More than enough strikers if we continue to play with one up front.

Yeah three is enough, we were walking the division with Kike and Nugent 2 years ago.

What the *** do Kike and Nugent have to do with our present situation! or are you being sarcastic??

Think you need a snickers mate.

And maybe a nice warm mug of something.

It looks like we’ve addresed our problem in central midfield by bringing in Besic, that was an area that was highlighted by many before the window opened.

We’ve offloaded 2 of our 5 forwards, most fans agreed that we had too many strikers, Fletcher was derided by many, Braithwaite was a stopgap on the left who offered no more than Bamford. Braithwaite wasn’t happy with his role and teams were interested in him, I always thought he was a strange signing, right from the start. We’ve now signed a guy who wants to play on the left.

Christie, whilst good at going forward, often got caught out of position in defence. The amount of goals that we conceded at the far post under Monk was ridiculously high. When we signed him, no one was particularly impressed, now he’s gone, he’s freed up a place on the bench, he was never in Pulis’ plans, Shotton is.

The Rocket Factory never made any sense, now he’s gone too.

Forshaw was tidy but unspectacular.

So 5 players who rarely made the starting lineup, sold, 3 players, two of which could improve the balance and impetus of the team bought in.

You may not like what the club have done, but I hardly think it’s an indication that the club have given up the ghost, more an indication of Monk’s mistakes in the summer window.

Phew, went to bed slightly worried that we'd bring a left winger in from nowhere, but thankfully we will now see more of wing wizard goal and assist machine Patrick Bamford out wide. The way he played three years ago is just piling on the points this season. Thank god for that. At least he looks like a proper footballer mind. I take it Braithwaite was loaned out as he had a suitor but no sane club was looking at Bamford thinking "yeah let's see if we can make something of this 2,5 year car crash". Over the top, maybe. I'm just sick of seeing his zero contribution in the team. If only Bamford had been wrapped in cotton wool and given a free pick of position and full time every week.

So frigging annoyed that we loan out Tavernier who was breaking through on the wing, play Bamford where he hasn't got a clue and then loan an unfit youngster from a mickey mouse league who has always played as a right winger. An utter disgrace. It's almost like we are pinning the rest of the season on Harrison being able to create something from the left without having experience from that position.

And at the same time we strengthen the very team that we are trying to catch. Sure Christie wouldn't have gotten much gametime here but he will suit Jokanovic and Fulham.

Phew, went to bed slightly worried that we'd bring a left winger in from nowhere, but thankfully we will now see more of wing wizard goal and assist machine Patrick Bamford out wide. The way he played three years ago is just piling on the points this season. Thank god for that. At least he looks like a proper footballer mind. I take it Braithwaite was loaned out as he had a suitor but no sane club was looking at Bamford thinking "yeah let's see if we can make something of this 2,5 year car crash". Over the top, maybe. I'm just sick of seeing his zero contribution in the team. If only Bamford had been wrapped in cotton wool and given a free pick of position and full time every week.

So frigging annoyed that we loan out Tavernier who was breaking through on the wing, play Bamford where he hasn't got a clue and then loan an unfit youngster from a mickey mouse league. An utter disgrace. It's almost like we are pinning the rest of the season on Harrison being able to create something from the left.

And at the same time we strengthen the very team that we are trying to catch. Sure Christie wouldn't have gotten much gametime here but he will suit Jokanovic and Fulham.

Is there not a Danish team that you could support insteaduntil Bamford leaves?

So frigging annoyed that we loan out Tavernier who was breaking through on the wing, play Bamford where he hasn't got a clue and then loan an unfit youngster from a mickey mouse league. An utter disgrace. It's almost like we are pinning the rest of the season on Harrison being able to create something from the left.

I do but they are even worse. Icredibly they were relegated in the WC years in 2006, 2010 and 2014. They are again involved in a scrap this year so the omens doesnt look good.

Re Bamford I really haven't got a problem with him as a person or a striker. I have a massive problem with him playing on the wing though as he offers absolutely nothing out there. It's a shame because it reflects poorly on him and to me he either plays up front or sits on the bench.

It looks like we’ve addresed our problem in central midfield by bringing in Besic, that was an area that was highlighted by many before the window opened.

We’ve offloaded 2 of our 5 forwards, most fans agreed that we had too many strikers, Fletcher was derided by many, Braithwaite was a stopgap on the left who offered no more than Bamford. Braithwaite wasn’t happy with his role and teams were interested in him, I always thought he was a strange signing, right from the start. We’ve now signed a guy who wants to play on the left.

Christie, whilst good at going forward, often got caught out of position in defence. The amount of goals that we conceded at the far post under Monk was ridiculously high. When we signed him, no one was particularly impressed, now he’s gone, he’s freed up a place on the bench, he was never in Pulis’ plans, Shotton is.

So 5 players who rarely made the starting lineup, sold, 3 players, two of which could improve the balance and impetus of the team bought in.

You may not like what the club have done, but I hardly think it’s an indication that the club have given up the ghost, more an indication of Monk’s mistakes in the summer window.

Stop being so sensible. It will get you nowhere on here! :P

Stop being so sensible. It will get you nowhere on here! :P

You’re right, can we talk about Jazz recommendations instead?

I do but they are even worse. Icredibly they were relegated in the WC years in 2006, 2010 and 2014. They are again involved in a scrap this year so the omens doesnt look good.

Re Bamford I really haven't got a problem with him as a person or a striker. I have a massive problem with him playing on the wing though as he offers absolutely nothing out there. It's a shame because it reflects poorly on him and to me he either plays up front or sits on the bench.

Oh dear, in that case I understand your pain. You need to pick your teams wisely. I moved to Spain at the end of last year and have adopted Girona as my Spanish team, so far so good, but I anticipate a second half of the season slump and ultimately relegation! :)

Good post Billy.

Randolph

Dimi

Shotton

Cranie

Ayala

Gibson

Fry

Friend

Fabio

Leadbitter

Clayton

Howson

Besic

Harrison

Bamford

Baker

Downing

Traore

Johnson

Britt

Gestede

Barring centre back we have two players for every position and the squad looks less bloated.. So in terms of squad size Pulis has achieved his aim.. Whether the quality is there remains to be seen but it's not all doom and gloom just yet