oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

I'd be happy with Harrison left Downing central and Traore right.

Is Harrison quick though? Don't really know anything about him

Yeah he is a quick and left footed winger, whether he is up to the Championship is another question, could turn out to be a really good loan signing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he is quick and left footed winger, whether he is up to the Championship is another question, could turn out to be a really good loan signing.

Sounds like the kind of player we've been screaming for most of the season, I'm happy with this signing.

Hopefully a central midfielder and a couple of out goings to follow

Bordeaux are close to signing Nicklas Bendtner. Apparently they have already agreed a deal with Rosenborg who are also close to signing his successor. That should end any interest they had in Braithwaite.

I meant for us to have an option to buy him from Man City at the end of his loan here.

I presume if he does well here he'll probably get a year long loan with us afterward, doubt there will be an option to buy after City have literally just bought him unfortunately.

Yeah he is quick and left footed winger, whether he is up to the Championship is another question, could turn out to be a really good loan signing.

Nice one.

I meant for us to have an option to buy him from Man City at the end of his loan here.

I presume if he does well here he'll probably get a year long loan with us afterward, doubt there will be an option to buy after City have literally just bought him unfortunately.

That's exactly what they did with Aaron Mooy at Huddersfield. They are signed to cut City's net spend figures then sold for a decent profit as soon as they can be and to the highest bidder.

Yeah, think I read somewhere yesterday that we were looking at a loan deal for at least this season, indicating that if all things go well we can keep him another year. I've never heard of him though, so I'm completely in the dark over his capabilities. 

Transfermarkt have him down as a right winger though. 50 of his 61 senior games have come from right wing and only three from the left. Is he the answer for our left hand problems?

My only concern is that Harrison is left footed, aye, but he prefers to play on he right and cut inside... Not sure how effective he'll be on the left.

He's looked good at NYCFC playing from the right... Not sure why we'd bring him in and stick him in an unfamiliar position/role.

It'll likely take him some time to get up to speed. He hasn't played a competitive game since November 5 and at a level that is much lower than the Championship. Tbh I'm not expecting much of an impact here. A young right winger who hasn't played football for three months and only in a pretty poor league. Doesn't sound like the answer to our problems. May be one for next season but I'm pretty underwhelmed right now.