oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this lad aint the answer to anything!

We need a left winger, and Harrison plays on the right in a league that's roughly the same quality as League 1 or 2.

If this is 'the solution' for our left wing problems, it shows a real lack of ambition by the club.

I don't think it's a lack of ambition. Probably more like a lack of options so signing for the sake of signing. It has been done before, just last January.

There must be a left winger somewhere in the world!

I am officially throwing my toys out of the pram. We need a bloody left winger and we should move heaven and earth to bloody well sign one.

I know I'm not the only one fed up of square pegs in round holes - our squad of midfielders/attackers is all over the place!

Are you aware that this square peg is almost entirely left-footed?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

MLS may be of a poor standard. But that isn't reason enough alone to rule out the impact a player could have to offer in the Championship.  If Pep wants him then he must have some ability.

Not sure how it would work positionally. Maybe Traore, Downing and Harrison rotating positions? We've seen the former 2 played in a number of positions, so could be that that's TP's plan for the front 3.

I really don't think Pep wants him, City's accounts team want him...

You could be right. Still, you'd think he have something about him nonetheless. Not expecting him to necessarily set the league alight, but it'd be an intriguing signing.

MLS may be of a poor standard. But that isn't reason enough alone to rule out the impact a player could have to offer in the Championship.  If Pep wants him then he must have some ability.

Not sure how it would work positionally. Maybe Traore, Downing and Harrison rotating positions? We've seen the former 2 played in a number of positions, so could be that that's TP's plan for the front 3.

You could be right. Still, you'd think he have something about him nonetheless. Not expecting him to necessarily set the league alight, but it'd be an intriguing signing.

Oh yeh I know. They wouldn't be signing him if they don't think they'll make a decent profit on him. I'm not against the signing, just can't get on board with the idea that Pep wants him.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this lad aint the answer to anything!

We need a left winger, and Harrison plays on the right in a league that's roughly the same quality as League 1 or 2.

If this is 'the solution' for our left wing problems, it shows a real lack of ambition by the club.

I don't think it's a lack of ambition. Probably more like a lack of options so signing for the sake of signing. It has been done before, just last January.

I am officially throwing my toys out of the pram. We need a bloody left winger and we should move heaven and earth to bloody well sign one.

I know I'm not the only one fed up of square pegs in round holes - our squad of midfielders/attackers is all over the place!

Left-footed doesn't make a left-winger. Do you think Hazard is more effective on the left or the right? Messi has moved around a lot but I bet they'd sooner play him on the right of a front 3 than the left. Downing this season even, better on the left or the right?

Oh yeh I know. They wouldn't be signing him if they don't think they'll make a decent profit on him. I'm not against the signing, just can't get on board with the idea that Pep wants him.

Indeed, I don't see any way Pep is really concerned with a player who they're signing to immediately loan out.

Yep

Left-footed doesn't make a left-winger. Do you think Hazard is more effective on the left or the right? Messi has moved around a lot but I bet they'd sooner play him on the right of a front 3 than the left. Downing this season even, better on the left or the right?

This ^

For me this signing has got MFC 'scouting department' written all over it.

I imagine Pulis just hasn't said no.

I guess it can't hurt but it's not the answer.

I hope the runour earlier about Andy King is true. He isn't a regular anymore at Leicester and hasn't featured in the league since Boxing Day but was given an outing in the FA CUp third round. Much rather him than Besic.

Yep

This ^

I imagine Pulis just hasn't said no.

I guess it can't hurt but it's not the answer.

Thanks for ruining my optimism :)

I'm Jack the peg diddle iddle iddle um

With my sweet left leg diddle iddle iddle um

Wherever I play, on the left or right

The people say I'm a wonderful sight

Cos I'm Jack the peg diddle iddle iddle um

With my sweet left leg diddle iddle iddle um*

*Gary Gill's scouting report

I mean, I doubt Tony has been on a trip to the US to watch him play so I think that's a given regardless of where he ends up playing for us. :D

I mean, I doubt Tony has been on a trip to the US to watch him play so I think that's a given regardless of where he ends up playing for us. :D

He probably watched a few NYC games on his laptop. Gives you just as good a view of a player  :P

Would be excited about the prospect of Besic on loan, good player quite similar to Clayton but with a higher level pedigree and international experience, would definitely by trying to insert an option to buy.

Wouldn't be too unhappy if we didn't get him though as I think Clayton is still being underutilised. Besic and Howson together would really be able to take games by the scruff of the neck though.

@SkySports_Keith

Middlesbrough winger Marvin Johnson set to sign on loan at former club Oxford United until the end of the season. We understand he’s been told he’s not part of Tony Pulis’ plans moving forward.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oxford have inquired about re-signing Marvin Johnson on loan from Middlesbrough.

The winger has been told he has no future under Tony Pulis at the Riverside but can only play for two clubs in one season.

He already played for Oxford three times before signing for Boro on Deadline Day last August, so the Us are the only club he can be loaned out to.