oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Can see us bringing in 2 holding midfielders should Adlene and Clayton depart because that would leave us with only Grant and Howson. Might be something in the Andy King thing then.

Baker as well, but I imagine he'd be on his way too.

Andy King would be a good signing. He has some engine on him.

Totally forgot about him. That shows you how much of an impact he has made since signing for us in the summer.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Besic or King would be solid signings. Both big improvements over Leadboots.

Would probably prefer Besic as he's younger and I think he has a higher potential ceiling. King may well fit in straight away better though.

Forest have just rejected a 12m bid from Burnley for their young centre back Joe Worrall, if they're holding out for an improved offer they could have the funds for Clayton by the deadline.

Bailey is the only one sending Clayton to Forest while the Gazette and Forest journos are saying Guedioura is the one. I really doubt Bailey has an idea. I hope we keep Clayton, get rid of Guedioura and Baker and sign King.

@nottmtails

Looks as though #nffc are close with a number of signings...

A*** those on the Forest shopping list:

Guedioura

Figueiredo

Pantilimon

Soudani

Hult

Ojo one to file, currently, in the less likely drawer.

Clayton would involve big money and also feels unlikely right now.

What PL team would not want a zero goal contribution, yellow card machine and offers very little player to their ranks

Clayton on his game is arguably best cm at this club, I say arguably because I accept a top form howson might beat him.

when he's fit and playing regularly he is one of the best DMs in the league, and has a history of playing more offensively back with Huddersfield too so he can do that also.

What PL team would not want a zero goal contribution, yellow card machine and offers very little player to their ranks

same as Randolph, no goal threat, gives away too many corners, offers very little in the final 3rd.

Could see West Ham in for Clayton as well, they were sniffing around Schniederlin. If we were to sell Clayton, I'd much prefer is to sign a midfielder permanently rather than loan one in. There's no doubt that Clayton is a class defensive midfielder in this division though.