oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

If he's not in Pulls' plans now why would he be in the summer? The answers obvious and that's why I'm curious we're just writing off the 9 million now, realistically it will be swept up as a 5/6 million pound transfer in June after his loan expires and a bit of haggling I'm just curious to our thinking as a club to cut a deal on deadline day for one of our few marquee attackers.

Maybe we have just decided to cash in on spare assets now and promised Pulis Steve's money in the summer to rebuild our squad again. Got to be honest sounds like we'll be treading water until May which is a little disappointing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@Steve_Crossman

My understanding is that Boro’s loan move for Besic has hit a snag, wouldn’t rule it out but confidence in it going through has dropped. Also IF Boro sanction an exit or two there could yet be one more new face coming in.

This sounds like we’re saving resources to have a fresh go next season. if pulis has not had a list when he came in and doesn’t think the scouting dept is up to it, then it’s probably the best move. Disappointing from a fans view, but understandable.

The number of outgoings would suggest one or two incomings as well. I know Pullis suggested people will leave - but I can't see letting a player like Martin B going without someone to cover him.

This sounds like we’re saving resources to have a fresh go next season. if pulis has not had a list when he came in and doesn’t think the scouting dept is up to it, then it’s probably the best move. Disappointing from a fans view, but understandable.

That's the way I see things. Does anyone trust the likes of Gary Gill to identify more players this month.

We've spent over 40m on our strikers in the last 12 months and still don't look strong in that area.

Hopefully Pulis can have six months to draw up this own targets ready for the summer with a big budget to support him.

I'm sure we'll still be trying to win promotion but it feels like we are planning for next season in this division.

Jon walters??

Yep just what we need, a 34 year old who missed 3 months of the season with a knee injury and has played a whopping 36 minutes of football across 3 games this season.

I hope it's just Twitter b.s.

There's murmurings from a few journalists about the possibility of a forward coming in if Braith and Fletcher go

If it's Jon Walters I will actually just quit life.

I share these sentiments... Hope it's a winger or AM, don't need another striker anyway, even if both Fletcher and Braithwaite go we still have Assombalonga, Gestede and Bamford.

There's murmurings from a few journalists about the possibility of a forward coming in if Braith and Fletcher go

I share these sentiments... Hope it's a winger or AM, don't need another striker anyway, even if both Fletcher and Braithwaite go we still have Assombalonga, Gestede and Bamford.

We’ll need another striker, in that case!

Even if those 2 do leave we still have gestede, Britt and bamford playing for 1 position. Possibly a more established left sider as Harrison is a gamble if he will succeed and Johnson is rubbish. The pressure to make things happen is still all on traores shoulders, someone to take some of that burden off him would be good.

Amen to that. But isn’t he still injured after undergoing surgery not long ago?