oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

There's murmurings from a few journalists about the possibility of a forward coming in if Braith and Fletcher go

If it's Jon Walters I will actually just quit life.

Amen to that. But isn’t he still injured after undergoing surgery not long ago?

He's been back on the bench since 23/12 got 9 minutes of game time on Boxing day, but was dropped again for the Utd game on 20/1.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@Steve_Crossman

My understanding is that Boro’s loan move for Besic has hit a snag, wouldn’t rule it out but confidence in it going through has dropped. Also IF Boro sanction an exit or two there could yet be one more new face coming in.

Won't this one new face be Younousse Sankhare...

The defence chip in with goals and are looking very solid, which is great. But to be truly effective under TP, we need..

- a goal-scoring Gestede-type-player, or..

- an AMF who can score from Gestede's flick-ons (debatable at this stage whether that player could be Harrison), and..

- a Besic type CM to compliment Howson, and..

- more options in defence to cover injuries who fit TP's solid style.

I wasn't initially a big fan of TP's appointment, but at least he has a clear direction/plan. Hopefully a loan signing or two tonight gives us a shot of a top 6 finish. But I'm expecting a big clear out between now and during the summer. Braithwaite, Guedioura, Fletcher, Johnson, Assombalonga, Bamford, Leadbitter, Clayton, Baker, Christie and Fabio - they all don't seem to fit the mould now as ideal first team starters, albeit of course we'd be short in numbers without some replacements.

@Steve_Crossman

My understanding is that Boro’s loan move for Besic has hit a snag, wouldn’t rule it out but confidence in it going through has dropped. Also IF Boro sanction an exit or two there could yet be one more new face coming in.

Would prefer Besic, won't take as long to find his feet in British football, plus I've never heard of this guy before this morning :)

@Steve_Crossman

Would prefer Besic, won't take as long to find his feet in British football, plus I've never heard of this guy before this morning :)

7 goals in 23 games from midfield, not a bad return.

Looks powerful, makes good late runs into the box and seems to play pretty high up the pitch, can hit one from distance aswell.

Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's rubbish (:

How much have we spent on Fletcher, Braithwaite & Johnson?

About £20m ish

Jesus.... I suppose we made money back with sales so the net spend won't be that but if you told me that is what 20m gets you and our scouting department reccomended them then good god. ..

Yep its more like how much have we wasted on Fletcher, Braithwaite & Johnson, a manager gets sacked for poor results our scouting department must be coated in Teflon.

@Steve_Crossman

Looks powerful, makes good late runs into the box and seems to play pretty high up the pitch, can hit one from distance aswell.

It's always a bit more exciting when it's a player you've heard about, I think I was a bit more excited when I heard we were linked with Harrison than a lot of others were, even though I only researched him after he got called up to u21s.

Also I very much like what Besic is about and he has terrific pedigree.

@Steve_Crossman

A midfielder who actually makes the effort to get into the box hallelujah.