oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

A very warm welcome to Martin Cranie, who joins #Boro from @htafcdotcom ✍?

Full story ➡️ https://t.co/bb0s9wiZIZ #UTB https://t.co/LojOj4c0k4

An ex England U21 international, nothing wrong with that.

Lol..he's 31 so obviously his England career was curtailed.

On his day he was a world beater ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Think your under selling besic there, has more technique in this little finger than Clayton or leadbitter.

Also bringing traore on more than any previous manager

Took a gamble on Harrison who is the exact opposite of what your suggesting.

Everyone is moaning about us selling a player who did nothing and signing a cloggers who will barely play anyway.

Ridiculous reaction from some of our fans

Didn't you say the same basic stuff last January?

God knows, I'd be surprised though because last January was just annoying af

I think that maybe some people have similar feelings toward this transfer window.

Clubs with ambitions for this season today signed Afobe, Mitrovic and Madine goes CCFC for 6 million whilst we sign Frazer Richardson 2.0 and let 16 million pounds worth of strikers leave it's as stark a contrast on where clubs see themselves in August as you're going to get to be honest. I'm fine with the squad trimming but how Pulis is going to convince the tens of thousands who scan Boro news more casually that he's doing a good job in the next 5 months when they've been sold we'll smash the league etc I don't know.

We have the strikeforce now that we got relegated with except it's Britt not Alvaro, we have two young wingers in Adama and Harrison swap Harrison out for Fischer and... you get the idea. Our defence and midfield, assuming Besic is done, is probably stronger than when we were relegated especially if Gued leaves and our GK is good enough. Mixed bag 12 months on we've definitely moved forwards as a squad quality wise but I'm not so sure it's leaps and bounds but we'll see the level Pulis can get us to.

I don't really care either way so this isn't an endorsement but the Huddersfield fans all seem to be pretty complimentary about Cranie on Twitter.

Sounds like he's a right back who can fill in at cb.

If the reported £3-4m for Christie is true, and there is a loan fee for Braithwaite then we've probably just gone into a positive net transfer spend for the season. Seems that even with a pretty decent chunk of the season and a lot to play for we're more keen to balance the books than take a gamble and push for promotion. Similar to last season's window where we were preparing for the Championship when we still had half a season to play in the Prem.

I don't really care either way so this isn't an endorsement but the Huddersfield fans all seem to be pretty complimentary about Cranie on Twitter.

Complimentary in the sense that they rate him as a player or as a person?

Clubs with ambitions for this season today signed Afobe, Mitrovic and Madine goes CCFC for 6 million whilst we sign Frazer Richardson 2.0 and let 16 million pounds worth of strikers leave it's as stark a contrast on where clubs see themselves in August as you're going to get to be honest. I'm fine with the squad trimming but how Pulis is going to convince the tens of thousands who scan Boro news more casually that he's doing a good job in the next 5 months when they've been sold we'll smash the league etc I don't know.

We have the strikeforce now that we got relegated with except it's Britt not Alvaro, we have two young wingers in Adama and Harrison swap Harrison out for Fischer and... you get the idea. Our defence and midfield, assuming Besic is done, is probably stronger than when we were relegated especially if Gued leaves and our GK is good enough. Mixed bag 12 months on we've definitely moved forwards as a squad quality wise but I'm not so sure it's leaps and bounds but we'll see the level Pulis can get us to.

Madine is garbage, they'd be uproar on here if we'd just signed him :)

As a player. Don't start shouting at me though I haven't even seen him play!

As a player. Don't start shouting at me though I haven't even seen him play!

I don't shout at anyone  :shy: