oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

Clayton definitely on way out. Hasn’t travelled with squad!

I'll be disappointed to see Clayton go, still think he's got a role to play in our squad, thought he would have been right up Pulis's street, tough tackling always gives 100% and protects the back four, something not right, I wonder if he wants out.

I'll be sad if he does go,a real workhorse

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be disappointed to see Clayton go, still think he's got a role to play in our squad, thought he would have been right up Pulis's street, tough tackling always gives 100% and protects the back four, something not right, I wonder if he wants out.

I'll be sad if he does go,a real workhorse

He said he was injured

I am thinking deal was agreed whilst Monk was in charge if I’m honest. I too would think he is right up Pulis street as a player. Strange and sad to see him go! Not that most technically gifted but always gave 100%.

That sums Clayton up, its a pity more gifted players in the squad didn't have the same heart and attitude that Clayton has.

Someone in an earlier post said they went corporate for the Villa game and Clayton was the meet and greet player. He said he asked Clayton why he wasn't getting in and he told him that he was carrying an injury and hoped to be back in full training soon. It's unlikely that he would be a meet and greet player if he was on his way out

Yes that was me. He said he was carrying an injury but hopefull to be back in the squad soon. Granted he didn’t seem too chirpy but our team had just lost and guessing frustrated at not playing.

Just to add he was also wearing his training gear when we met him after the game and later left when the other players all came out in the suit. Strange as you would think if he was clear cut out the squad/leaving club would he not just arrive and leave in the suit as did the other players not involved like fry?

Yes you would think that he would just stay in the suit if he had no intention of staying a Boro player. It gives me cause for optimism that he isn't going anywhere. Thanks FB UTB

Second time in 6 months hes asked to leave isn't it? I don't have any love for him, won't impact us negatively to see him go in my opinion, left back has to be number one priority though, as it was before this news

Glad you said it first Will as I think he'd have a fit if it was me. :D

I'm not too surprised. It was only recently that he came out saying he wanted another 3 years in England before going back with his brother but the amount of time he's spent going back to Brazil during the breaks is quite telling in itself. You can't constantly be making that trip every month or so. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason he's struggled earlier in the season with little knocks and illness forcing him off. People have said it was illness this week, it could even be a mental health issue caused by being so far away from his family, who knows.

Good luck to him though. I don't actively encourage him leaving but I think he's going to struggle in this team and there's no need in postponing that journey back home by another 3 years if you're going to keep being bogged down by it.