oneBoro Forum

January 2018 Transfer Thread AKA The Morning After *Thread Closes at 9pm*

I like Braithwaite too but I do wonder just how well he fits in with this manager. He's a better player than he's shown recently, he looked frankly unbeatable at times when he came back from his injury. But as I've kept saying about him, he probably saw the medal in his hands before the season kicked off. He was 110% convinced we were going up and as champions. The picture hasn't worked out that way and, indeed, a World Cup place is under threat for a very talented player.

That being said, I would not accept selling him on the cheap. That lad can play in the Premier League, no doubt about that for me. He's a pretty good dribbler and a good finisher. Anything less than we paid for him should be laughed off.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an idea but could we not loan him to a bigger team and then decide what to do in the summer?

Maybe as a swap loan deal with a prem club for a player who we need now? Maybe West Brom for Brunt or Bournemouth for Mings?

Just an idea but could we not loan him to a bigger team and then decide what to do in the summer?

Maybe as a swap loan deal with a prem club for a player who we need now? Maybe West Brom for Brunt or Bournemouth for Mings?

Not sure he's good enough to interest a Premier league team, maybe a team from abroad might be interested in him though.

People are posting on twitter/fb that Bamford has been told he is free to leave. Rumour looks to have came from a twitter account with 2k followers. To me it doesn't make sense, considering he's been brought on today over Fletcher and Braithwaite (not included).

People are posting on twitter/fb that Bamford has been told he is free to leave. Rumour looks to have came from a twitter account with 2k followers. To me it doesn't make sense, considering he's been brought on today over Fletcher and Braithwaite (not included).

Fletcher goes before Bamford for me

Dominic Iorfa is a Pulis type fullback, if he's not convinced on Christie. Big, strong, imposing lad with plenty of pace and experience in the Championship. Still young aswell.

Not sure about his Ipswich loan terms but Wolves would probably sell if we made an acceptable bid.

If we can get our money back for Bamford I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's been here a year now and is nowhere near the player he was when he was here the last time. I like him but he just hasn't progressed over the last three years. To think we paid upwards to 10 million for him is mindblowing.

Mind blowing especially as he only cost £5.5m...

I thought the deal was upwards to 10 million. Granted that is probably including bonusses etc. but thats the fee I've seen reported. Anyways, he is still not a 5,5 million pound player  :dodgy:

With SHotton going to RB we might need some backup centrally, unless Pulis will trust Fry as third choice. If not then Erik Sviatchenko is apparently available from Celtic for as little as 1,5-2 million. Has been injured recently but has the potential to be a really good value for money buy at that price and could very well challenge Ayala for a starting spot. I suppose other areas are of more concern though.

If we do not see either Clayton/Forshaw involved with the FA Cup game coming up I really do think that this will indicate both leaving the club or Boro hoping for offers for them both

If we do not see either Clayton/Forshaw involved with the FA Cup game coming up I really do think that this will indicate both leaving the club or Boro hoping for offers for them both

Or Clayton is injured. Strange we haven’t heard anything though

Really hope we can offload Forshaw and Baker and spend the fee/wages on a better AM or left winger. If Pulis wants to continue with two up front I want Braithwaite to be one of them. Technically our best forward, works hard and has a good eye for his team mates. Ideal for me would be:

Sell:

Forshaw

Fabio

Bamford if we can get a decent fee

Loan out Fletcher

Return Baker and Roberts

Buy/loan:

New left back

AM/LW depending on how Pulis sees Downing and Traore

Icing on the cake would be a commanding midfielder to replace Grant.