• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

People are writing off Bamford because he's done nothing in 2 1/2 years. But in that time he hasn't had a consistent run of games either.

I could understand him being written off if he'd had a major injury or he was over 30 years old but he isn't.

The lad failed in the Premier league, fair enough but is it fair to judge him on that level? He's had six months in the Championship and hasn't set the world alight, is that down to Bamford or Monk? If we are writing players off based on the start of this season then Clayton is finished too.

I believe there is still a very good championship striker inside of him, it just needs the right manager to drag it out of him. I can't understand the thought that a 24 year old has his best days behind him it doesn't make sense.

While you are right that he has failed in the Prem, it's still telling that since he was last with us there has been 5 (I think) managers that hasn't seen the light in him. For what it's worth I'd like Pulis to give him until the summer, but if he can't impress yet another manager then I think his days at the club will be numbered. But if you look at it from Pulis' point of view you can understand if he is considering selling him if that's what i takes to fund new players. We already have too many strikers. 

Gestede is right up Pulis' ally and offers something none of the others do

Britt has already scored 12 goals and we're not getting our money back currently. And he has already played for 2 clubs this season.

Braithwaite I also can't see us getting our money back from, and besides he is proven Ligue 1 and international player with plenty of technical ability.

Fletcher is a prospect who we also won't get our money back on.

That leaves you with Bamford who has failed to do anything in 2,5 years. His saving grace could be that we might be able to shift Fletcher out on loan and Pulis wants to play two strikers often, hence retaining Britt, Gestede, Braithwaite and Bamford.

There are people who actually believe Bamford is a more prolific striker than Britt??

Short memories lads? Just how many 1v1s has Bamford ***ed up since coming back? You can partly put it down to a confidence issue yeah but when Britt is on the pitch you always feel he'll grab a goal out of nowhere, I've never felt like that about Bamford.

Bamford has more to his game than Britt, that can't be denied and so to sell him in January would be a mistake. I'd sell Fletcher first.

People are writing off Bamford because he's done nothing in 2 1/2 years. But in that time he hasn't had a consistent run of games either.

I could understand him being written off if he'd had a major injury or he was over 30 years old but he isn't.

The lad failed in the Premier league, fair enough but is it fair to judge him on that level? He's had six months in the Championship and hasn't set the world alight, is that down to Bamford or Monk? If we are writing players off based on the start of this season then Clayton is finished too.

I believe there is still a very good championship striker inside of him, it just needs the right manager to drag it out of him. I can't understand the thought that a 24 year old has his best days behind him it doesn't make sense.

While you are right that he has failed in the Prem, it's still telling that since he was last with us there has been 5 (I think) managers that hasn't seen the light in him. For what it's worth I'd like Pulis to give him until the summer, but if he can't impress yet another manager then I think his days at the club will be numbered. But if you look at it from Pulis' point of view you can understand if he is considering selling him if that's what i takes to fund new players. We already have too many strikers. 

Gestede is right up Pulis' ally and offers something none of the others do

Britt has already scored 12 goals and we're not getting our money back currently. And he has already played for 2 clubs this season.

Braithwaite I also can't see us getting our money back from, and besides he is proven Ligue 1 and international player with plenty of technical ability.

Fletcher is a prospect who we also won't get our money back on.

That leaves you with Bamford who has failed to do anything in 2,5 years. His saving grace could be that we might be able to shift Fletcher out on loan and Pulis wants to play two strikers often, hence retaining Britt, Gestede, Braithwaite and Bamford.

Maybe he is our most saleable asset, if we need to reduce the squad and bring in money then Pulis might choose to sell him.

Bamford and Clayton have both been linked to moves away, realistically where are they going to go? It would probably be to rival championship clubs which makes no sense to me.

One thing I will argue all day about on here is that Bamford is not finished, yes Pardew, Neil and Dyche didn't see him as a Premier league player but I still think that is something completely separate to where our situation is now. I think people are unfairly using that as a stick to beat him with.

On the Bamford thing - what if hes another David Bentley type? some players have their season, are touted full of promise but never quite capture the form again.

In the position we are in we have Paddy who can't hit a cows *** with a banjo and Britt who half way through the season is on target to get more than twenty goals - I don't see why theres a debate, instead of molly coddling bamford should we be expecting Britt to be getting polished ?

On the Bamford thing - what if hes another David Bentley type? some players have their season, are touted full of promise but never quite capture the form again.

In the position we are in we have Paddy who can't hit a cows *** with a banjo and Britt who half way through the season is on target to get more than twenty goals - I don't see why theres a debate, instead of molly coddling bamford should we be expecting Britt to be getting polished ?

Britt has been poor for a handful of games now and contributes very little to the team. We've also got a new manager with new ideas and a potential change of shape. Maybe people think there's a debate to be had?

Which two clubs has Britt played for this season?

We have the players for a 4-3-3 yet we do not play that formation. Having Braithwaite and Bamford cutting in from the wings and Britt rotating with Gestede as the focal point makes sense. Then you can play your very attacking full backs as long as you have 2 defensive sitting midfielders, and one more creative midfielder in there (Downing maybe). Requires discipline but it suits our squad. We won't and don't play this way though, hence we have to look at getting rid of players that don't suit our new system (defensive full backs, wingers, target man and more box to box midfield). Sure we can make do with the players but it will never really click. I don't see Pulis as a man who changes the system to suit the players.

Strikers have dry spells. Britt has scored 11 goals in a rank average team. I don't think there's a debate to be had to be honest.

Don't get involved in it then!

I'm more concerned with Britts work rate than his lack of goals anyway.

Britt has been poor for a handful of games now and contributes very little to the team. We've also got a new manager with new ideas and a potential change of shape. Maybe people think there's a debate to be had?

Bamford has been poor too - so your debate is "we  have two players who've had a handful of poor games recently, one has 12 goals in the league and one has one goal in the league but one played well for us three seasons ago, has not done anything at the clubs hes been in since then (including Burnley where Shaun Dyche is proving he can get an awful lot from players) so should be played over the player who has scored 12 this season despite the team being garbage - thats a debate?

fill your boots then - to me its not a debate, its another Paddy love in - simple difference in opinion.

Bamford has been poor too - so your debate is "we  have two players who've had a handful of poor games recently, one has 12 goals in the league and one has one goal in the league but one played well for us three seasons ago, has not done anything at the clubs hes been in since then (including Burnley where Shaun Dyche is proving he can get an awful lot from players) so should be played over the player who has scored 12 this season despite the team being garbage - thats a debate?

fill your boots then - to me its not a debate, its another Paddy love in - simple difference in opinion.

No it isn't a love at all.

Copied from fmttm:

"PB League starts P8 W5 D1 L2 GF 12 GA 6 Pts 16

PB Not start P18 W7 D4 L7 GF 23 GA 20 Pts 25

So,2nd in table form when he starts (2 points per match)

11-12th in table form when he doesn't? (1.38 per match)

8th in table overall, but 8 points off 2nd."

I'm not saying he's the next Messi but he ain't finished either.

I've watched Britt play the last few games at 70%, when he's not working hard enough he's gonna be under pressure. The stats above suggest we perform better as a team when he plays.

No it isn't a love at all.

Copied from fmttm:

"PB League starts P8 W5 D1 L2 GF 12 GA 6 Pts 16

PB Not start P18 W7 D4 L7 GF 23 GA 20 Pts 25

So,2nd in table form when he starts (2 points per match)

11-12th in table form when he doesn't? (1.38 per match)

8th in table overall, but 8 points off 2nd."

I'm not saying he's the next Messi but he ain't finished either.

I've watched Britt play the last few games at 70%, when he's not working hard enough he's gonna be under pressure. The stats above suggest we perform better as a team when he plays.

Oh god - please don't get a bloody heat map out too.

how many of those games did Britt start too?