oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday (a) 2 -1 (Howson, Shotton)

bmScLO0.jpg

Details

Teams – Owls vs Boro

Location – HillsBoro(ugh)

Competition – The Championship

Date – Sat 23rd December 2017

Kick off – 15:00

Intro

It’s the one we’ve owl been waiting for… well, maybe not but the at least the pun works, unlike Boro this year. This really is the battle of which set of fans have been most disappointed this year. At the start of the season both teams were hoping to be fighting for automatic promotion but it’s been an owl-bsolutely terrible year with both teams heading for mid-table mediocrity. Both managers are hanging on to their jobs by the skin of their beaks…it could be that the loser gets sacked. Both teams are clearly talon-ted but have been underperforming this year, will either side see an improvement this weekend?

Last Game

Sheff Wed – they went down 1-0 to league leaders Wolves and had a late red card in the process too. That means that the Owls haven’t had a win since 4th November

Boro – the less said the better… lots of f-owl play though,

History

Pretty even history between the 2 sides Boro with 44 wins, Sheff Wed 46 wins and just the 17 draws.

He looks familiar

Pretty much a footballing equivalent of a school reunion with Reach, Rhodes and Butterfield all coming up against former employers

Team News

Injured/Suspended

Boro – Nope, we don’t even have an injury crisis to blame for this year

Sheff Wed – Fox (suspended)

Ones to Watch

Owls – Atdhe Nuhiu

Let’s hope he doesn’t play as he does tend to score against us a lot 4 goals in 6 games to be precise. And Not forgetting the inevitable old boy scoring against old team phenomenon – meaning we may have to score 5 goals to win this game

Boro – Erm…Downing maybe?

Downing has been one of the few to perform to any sort of standard recently…

View From the Other side

No MD thread up there yet but will appear here when they get it going:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/3-sheffield-wednesday-matchday/

Predictions

My predicted lineup: No idea what Monk will do, suspect Gestede might start though

My predicted score: 2-2

Talking Points

How close to the sack would a loss get Monk?

After all the talk of not having a settled side, should we change formation? If so to what 4-3-3? 5-3-2? 3-4-3?

What’s your favourite type of owl?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

How close to the sack would a loss get Monk?

Should have been sacked weeks ago, God knows what Gibson is thinking maybe he'll give Monk a new contract if we lose.

After all the talk of not having a settled side, should we change formation? If so to what 4-3-3? 5-3-2? 3-4-3?

I'd be happy going there and being very defensive and cautious, keep a clean sheet in this league and we'll win most of the time because we have players than can score goals.

What’s your favourite type of owl?

Roy Hodgson.

both managers are teetering fan wise  just a question of which chairman snaps first. both massively underachieving that for sure.

formations schnormations ..... losing the will to exercise my mind now ...just a good performance would do and a bit of pride in doing so .

Teet OWL........Cant believe you didnt slide that ole chestnut into the OP .... ;)

The worst thing for me is that I have now lost interest, you can change the names, change the formation, change the substitutes but I fear the attitude wil stay the same. Any team that is prepared to run, hassle, work hard and intimidate this Boro team has a chance of beating us and that is a disgrace frankly. Roll on the new year things need to change.

I think we should change to a 5-3-3.

Dimi

Fabio Fry Ayala Friend Gibson

Guedioura© Downing Forshaw

Gestede Bamford Johnson

Nah I reckon be positive and go 3-4-3 with some old boys in on emergency loan to help us out:

Monk ©

Barragan - Bikey - Tiendelli

Guediora - Digard - Zemmama - Euell

Lita - Killen - Miller

Randolph

Christie Ayala Gibson Fabio

Leadbitter Clayton Downing

Bamford Assombalonga Braithwaite/Gestede

-I actually prefer Gestede atm, earlier in the season I loved the chaos he caused he box and MB looks to be struggling with the physicality.

GK - Randolph

RB - Christie

CB - Fry

CB - Gibson

LB - Fabio

DM - Clayton

CM - Howson

CM - Downing

RF - Assombalonga

CF - Gestede

LF - Braithwaite

Something new, something different. Downing playing the playmaker with freedom to link Midfield and attack. Ayala dropped for obvious reasons. Gestede to play the main outlet up top and link up with Britt and Braith. Natural width comes from the FBs with Clayton anchoring to cover.

Dimi

Gestede Bamford Johnson

Love it.

Will we get away with a starting XII?

Will we be deducted points? Will it be enough to get us relegated us come May?

Dimi

Gestede Bamford Johnson

I like it, but won't you be concerned that Guedioura, with a torn Hamstring might be a little too fast paced for our team after playing with Leadbitter all season?

GK - Randolph

RB - Christie

CB - Fry

CB - Gibson

LB - Fabio

DM - Clayton

CM - Howson

CM - Downing

RF - Assombalonga

CF - Gestede

LF - Braithwaite

Something new, something different. Downing playing the playmaker with freedom to link Midfield and attack. Ayala dropped for obvious reasons. Gestede to play the main outlet up top and link up with Britt and Braith. Natural width comes from the FBs with Clayton anchoring to cover.

Love that line up and it's something that I would finally get excited about.

Only problem is we know it will be 4-2-3-1 again