oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday (a) 2 -1 (Howson, Shotton)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd always want us to win.

Maybe I'd bet on us losing to mask the heartbreak every now and again.

But if a by product of us losing today would be Monk getting the boot then I wouldn't mind if we lost. But I'd never urge us to lose before a ball is kicked. You never know, today could he the day we click and as people have said Monk could become a good thing.

To be honest, at this stage I'd take a loss if I could genuinely see some fight, battle and guile going forward. Unfortunately we can't even muster out fighting our opponents.

It baffles me sometimes when you don't see players not giving their all for the short because I think 9/10 supporters wouldn't mind if we got spanked but they knew every single player tried their best. I think the discontent at the moment is that currently we're not doing that.

The question however is, is that down to Monk or the players?

Am i a knobhead for wanting us to lose, just so monk is more likely to be sacked?

sad times indeed but the guy is a fraud and i don't want a posative result to paper over the cracks.

You are indeed a knobhead if you want us to lose. Understand fans want Monk gone but never understand wanting your own team to lose no matter what's going on. No one has to support our manager if you don't want but I'd suggest to call yourself a Boro fan you need to support the team through thick and thin... just my thoughts.

Agree 100% Jimmy

Can totally understand, i just wish gibson would grow a backbone and sack him already but we all know unless things get considerably worse he wont.

Am i a knobhead for wanting us to lose, just so monk is more likely to be sacked?

sad times indeed but the guy is a fraud and i don't want a posative result to paper over the cracks.

You are indeed a knobhead if you want us to lose. Understand fans want Monk gone but never understand wanting your own team to lose no matter what's going on. No one has to support our manager if you don't want but I'd suggest to call yourself a Boro fan you need to support the team through thick and thin... just my thoughts.

Agree 100% Jimmy

Can totally understand, i just wish gibson would grow a backbone and sack him already but we all know unless things get considerably worse he wont.

I know mate, to be fair I know what you're trying to say. Deeply frustrating how things are going and I suppose a run of sustained defeats might be what it takes for Gibson to pull the trigger.

I just couldn't imagine watching Boro and not wanting us to win. Nothing worse than a Boro loss to ruin your weekend.

Agree 100% Jimmy

I know mate, to be fair I know what you're trying to say. Deeply frustrating how things are going and I suppose a run of sustained defeats might be what it takes for Gibson to pull the trigger.

I just couldn't imagine watching Boro and not wanting us to win. Nothing worse than a Boro loss to ruin your weekend.

Im that depressed about our team, that for the first time ever i genuinly dont care about our results from now untill the end of the season.

i know this will be an unpopular opinion but i thought we actually looked more of a "team" under strachan than we do now, albeit a very poor team under strachan but you could see we had some form of organisation.

Understandable some folk have some belief left and want us to still do well.

Yes, it's listed as a streamed game.

I personally would never want my team to lose, even if I hated the manager ( I don't hate Monk, by the way, I just don't think he's good enough). Like someone above said, if he's not good enough, he'll get found out, regardless of whether you want us to lose or not. So you may as well get behind the team.