oneBoro Forum

Are we getting what we deserve? AKA Be careful what you wish for.

Steve Gibson loans Middlesbrough FC money from his business. When he got divored a few years ago, he paid all those loans ~ 45 million ~ off to keep the club out of the hands of his now ex-wife. The man deserves far more credit than (uniformed) people online give him. IMO Without him we'd be no bigger than Hartlepool - just another poor town in the north full of uneducated chavs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve Gibson loans Middlesbrough FC money from his business. When he got divored a few years ago, he paid all those loans ~ 45 million ~ off to keep the club out of the hands of his now ex-wife. The man deserves far more credit than (uniformed) people online give him. IMO Without him we'd be no bigger than Hartlepool - just another poor town in the north full of uneducated chavs.

you REALLY needed that extra "n" in that bracketed word fella   :D :D

Your well informed then, because he shares private information with you or he must do for you to know his reasons and motivation by paying off his debts in a divorce case.

Was there interest on the loans he made to the club? I'm pretty sure they are classed as assetts - how do you know she didn't demand cash in the asset split?

I'm just asking you as you seem very sure of what you know and its good to educate the "uninformed, uneducated Northern chavs" don't you think?

Can you also explain to me why by paying off the loans from the club to himself it stops the wife from getting her hands on the club?

thats one of my points - Gibson should have been all over it but was he?

We do stuff that makes you think we really are a slick unit then we do stuff that just leaves you completely scratching your head and i believe "Amateurish" is a good word for summing us up.

If we had 'likes', I would 'like' this. Why don't we have 'likes'?

Have you all ever considered we might be exactly where the Chairman wants us top half championship, ground fullish every week,getting to the Premier league and struggle every week,wage bill through the roof, just saying like

CT summed it up, if fans don't see an improvement then they vote with their feet, so the ground becomes 14 to 15 thousand supporters with eventually the chairman having to dig deep to keep the club afloat. Gibbo has been supporting this club since he was a kid, so a supporter well before he was the chairman, so I don't believe anyone on here would seriously consider what you've posted.

I don't think that Steve gibson would purposely hold us in the position we are in but this "dig deep" stuff irks me, unless I'm mistaken every penny  Gibson had to invest from his finances outside the club he has had paid back to him, if the amounts we received in reports were true then the last 18 months have been the best financially we've ever had at the club - I can only go on what I read and hear but this "digging deep" like he gets a second mortgage on his home or sells one of the kids bikes does my head in. He didn't even put the money in to save the club originally, he got a guy who owned an envelope company to bail us out then basically once we were saved Gibson removed the guy who'd saved us from the board in a "forced takeover".

So no - Gibbo wouldn't purposely keep us where we are for business reasons - but don't ever forget hes a business man and businessmen don't become multi millionaires by being nice to people and giving their money away to football clubs - that I know for certain.

I will also add to that - how badly is our club being run then, if as you stated the crowds drop and the first thing we have to do is send Steve gibson home to open the kids piggy bank? don't you think after  all his time as chairman we would have things in place so that we are financially sound and don't need outside contributions?

Imagine his lass - "hi love I just need a daft 12 mil out of the bank for the club" 

"Again? how many times is this now Steve - do you actually know what you are doing? This was meant to be a business investment and all you do is keep giving our savings to the club, whos in charge of finances there? cos they obviously are over paid and need sacking in my book, are you sure its for the club or are you gambling or something?"!!

Because I'm not being funny but 30 years running the club and if theres a lull in crowds the club needs Gibbo to "dig deep" - that is scary if its the case.

The word I used was eventually, the club will be at this moment in time in a financially sound position, however 4 or 5 seasons in the Championship, with a lot smaller gates,wages to pay etc the money doesn't last forever, therefore as a businessman, chairman, supporter, it isn't in Gibson's interest for this club to stay in the Championship. I don't know the ins and outs of the chairman's business, but he is regarded as the man who saved the club and  kept this club afloat through the championship years when gates had dwindled, and Gibson to the vast majority of supporters is king.

The idiotic Boro 'fans' who moaned the we limped over the line to promotion are definitely getting what they deserve, long may it continue :D

Long may it continue  :huh:   Err yeah, you must be Boro's number 1 fan  :s :dodgy:

The idiotic Boro 'fans' who moaned the we limped over the line to promotion are definitely getting what they deserve, long may it continue :D

Very odd way to support a team :s

Long may it continue  :huh:   Err yeah, you must be Boro's number 1 fan  :s :dodgy:

the same 'fans' who were calling for Karanka to be sacked 6 weeks into the season last year.

they are getting the club they deserve  :cool:

But as you're supposedly a Boro fan then so are you...

Just out of interest, how did last season end up for us?

we'd just been promoted.

what did you honestly expect???

To put more of a fight into staying in the Premier League.

Let's say we had sacked him after 6 weeks or whatever, do you think the season would have ended up worse somehow?

Errrr... So do you support the misery of Boro fans or do you support the Boro? Because it seems like you get more out of the former. Very strange statement to make as a Boro fan on this forum.