oneBoro Forum

Are we getting what we deserve? AKA Be careful what you wish for.

But as you're supposedly a Boro fan then so are you...

Just out of interest, how did last season end up for us?

we'd just been promoted.

what did you honestly expect???

In hindsight: Keep AK, let him rebuild and walk the leaguw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we'd just been promoted.

Me too. But I think AK supporters became quite a small monitory towards the end .

Actually I believe our mistake was before Karanka even became manager, If Mowbray had been given the same amount of money as Karanka had in the championship and more time i believe because of his experience of managing hed of got us and had a better chance of keeping us their. Thats not me saying i take away karankas achievements (for a manager in his first job he did a great job getting us promoted) but he couldnt ever have done it without the work Mowbray did rebuilding a squad from the crap Stracken had. I would love to see what Mowbray could do with this squad because I never got the feeling that Mowbray did not have a team that fought for each other, scapped and battled, only trouble was lack of quality.

we'd just been promoted.

Me too. But I think AK supporters became quite a small monitory towards the end .

Do you think he could have rebuilt after last season though? There was so much bad blood by the end of it with English and Spanish speakers in the squad and management not on speaking terms, and dressing room mutiny.

If we kept him we would have still got relegated which many will accept, but it would have taken a hell of a lot to rebuild all the bridges and squad.

There is absolutely no way we would have 'walked the league' this year if Karanka stayed.

Loved the bloke but he had to go. Maybe he can come back one day if the circumstances were right.

we'd just been promoted.

Well lets face it, we gained around 10,000 fans when we got promoted who had never seen an AK Boro team play so that straight away puts them in a minority - Burnley have proved what can happen if you let a new manger learn and evolve, to think AK wouldn't make mistakes or even get it completely wrong is naive - the question is would he have learned from that and come back stronger - like Burnley did?

we'd just been promoted.

Well lets face it, we gained around 10,000 fans when we got promoted who had never seen an AK Boro team play so that straight away puts them in a minority - Burnley have proved what can happen if you let a new manger learn and evolve, to think AK wouldn't make mistakes or even get it completely wrong is naive - the question is would he have learned from that and come back stronger - like Burnley did?

I guess that is where I am coming from. Karanka and those around him made mistakes. But they also got a lot right. Maybe in time he would have learned and it would have come good.

Maybe.

we'd just been promoted.

I guess that is where I am coming from. Karanka and those around him made mistakes. But they also got a lot right. Maybe in time he would have learned and it would have come good.

Maybe.

I don't think there was any coming back for Karanka without an entire overhaul of the squad, by all accounts the squad was totally fractured and I think by the end of his time here he'd burnt too many bridges. The players who were behind him were the ones who had no interest in playing championship football. 

Looking back the only way it really could have worked in the prem was if he was given full autonomy of transfers the summer we went up. We needed to either bring in a manager all the players would get behind or get rid of the players who weren't supportive of the manager. We did neither and it got toxic.

Maybe.

I don't think there was any coming back for Karanka without an entire overhaul of the squad, by all accounts the squad was totally fractured and I think by the end of his time here he'd burnt too many bridges. The players who were behind him were the ones who had no interest in playing championship football. 

Looking back the only way it really could have worked in the prem was if he was given full autonomy of transfers the summer we went up. We needed to either bring in a manager all the players would get behind or get rid of the players who weren't supportive of the manager. We did neither and it got toxic.

I think that is part of what I meant by ‘those around him’ too. Maybe Gibson needs to learn lessons too.

The idiotic Boro 'fans' who moaned the we limped over the line to promotion are definitely getting what they deserve, long may it continue :D

Long may it continue  :huh:   Err yeah, you must be Boro's number 1 fan  :s :dodgy:

the same 'fans' who were calling for Karanka to be sacked 6 weeks into the season last year.

they are getting the club they deserve  :cool:

You conveniently forgot to mention the fans who didn't call for Karanka to be sacked, perhaps you could define same fans.

It occurred to me this morning that the pessimists seem to always win, eventually...

If you think things will go wrong they invariably will, given enough time.

Which might make them feel happy/justified/superior.

But I would rather enjoy the good times while they happen, rather than wait for the bad ***.

It occurred to me this morning that the pessimists seem to always win, eventually...

But I would rather enjoy the good times while they happen, rather than wait for the bad ***.

❤️

“Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.” 

Spot on Tyler. Some people couldn't wait to open their mouth and say they told us all so, like we should respect them as soothsayers.

That's not the case for everyone who thought this was going to end badly. I always thought Duvel fought his point well as much as I never agreed with him until recently. But there has certainly been a couple of people waiting for the hammer to fall to make their opinions seem more relevant than the rest of us.

Spot on Tyler. Some people couldn't wait to open their mouth and say they told us all so, like we should respect them as soothsayers.

That's not the case for everyone who thought this was going to end badly. I always thought Duvel fought his point well as much as I never agreed with him until recently. But there has certainly been a couple of people waiting for the hammer to fall to make their opinions seem more relevant than the rest of us.

Soothsayers.. good word!