oneBoro Forum

Are we getting what we deserve? AKA Be careful what you wish for.

It occurred to me this morning that the pessimists seem to always win, eventually...

If you think things will go wrong they invariably will, given enough time.

Which might make them feel happy/justified/superior.

But I would rather enjoy the good times while they happen, rather than wait for the bad ***.

Spot on Tyler. Some people couldn't wait to open their mouth and say they told us all so, like we should respect them as soothsayers.

That's not the case for everyone who thought this was going to end badly. I always thought Duvel fought his point well as much as I never agreed with him until recently. But there has certainly been a couple of people waiting for the hammer to fall to make their opinions seem more relevant than the rest of us.

Soothsayers.. good word!

The funny thing is though, there is no right or wrong. The fact that Monk has been sacked doesn't make those who wanted rid right. I would have been happy to keep Monk for a bit longer. It didn't make me wrong.

In the same way.... I would have been happy enough to have got rid of Karanka when the melt down / walkout Charlton weekend happened. (There was an Evening Gazette survey at the time, and 10% of fans thought the same).

The fact that AK eventually got sacked didn't make us 'right'. It proved nothing at all.

It's just opinions either way.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It occurred to me this morning that the pessimists seem to always win, eventually...

But I would rather enjoy the good times while they happen, rather than wait for the bad ***.

I'm not a pessimist, I've actually backed most of our managers right to the end, I just thought Monk was a very poor appointment from early on. Although I love the Boro I think I'm objective enough to watch the game without my rose tinted specs.

I would agree with you generally but the people who had reservations about Monk on here got absolutely ripped to shreds on here earlier in the season. When you criticise your own team and manager and do it constructively that doesn't necessarily make you a troll or pessimist and people should remember that.

I'm not on here to say I told you so but I wouldn't blame people for wanting to have a go back either.

I'm not a pessimist, I've actually backed most of our managers right to the end, I just thought Monk was a very poor appointment from early on. Although I love the Boro I think I'm objective enough to watch the game without my rose tinted specs.

I would agree with you generally but the people who had reservations about Monk on here got absolutely ripped to shreds on here earlier in the season. When you criticise your own team and manager and do it constructively that doesn't necessarily make you a troll or pessimist and people should remember that.

I'm not on here to say I told you so but I wouldn't blame people for wanting to have a go back either.

To be fair Duvel someone mentioned you in an earlier post and said that although you spoke out against Monk from early on, you always did it in a well thought out and reasoned way. I agree with them. You spotted the problem quicker than most and articulated it in an inoffensive way. Fair play to you.