oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

So with the team not really performing, and the calls from a portion of the fans for Monk to be removed, if Monk got the bullet tonight, who would you choose to come in for the rest of the season? Also who would you think would be good for us to develop long term?

Note: this is not made for a debate about whether Monk should get sacked, just on who you think could do a job at the Boro.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulis would be high up my list, it wouldn't be pretty, it wouldn't be nice football but I think he'd get us up.

A bit of a left field suggestion would be Michael Appleton, got Oxford playing some very good stuff last year before joining Leicester as assistant manager.

Graham Potter is doing well in Sweden although I know nothing about him. Personally I’d try and lure Kasper Hjulmand away from FC Nordsjaelland in Denmark. His teams play some wonderful football and he has a great eye for talent.

I don't see it happening but what would people think about Michael O'Neill. He had Northern Ireland playing far better than the sum of their parts and Shamrock Rovers went from winning the league every season under him to outside the top three every year since he left them

I don't see it happening but what would people think about Michael O'Neill. He had Northern Ireland playing far better than the sum of their parts and Shamrock Rovers went from winning the league every season under him to outside the top three every year since he left them

He dont play "sexy" enough football for our fans liking ;)

There are a couple of managers I could name that would I believe would be strong enough to get this squad working. Plus make good use of the 50 mill worth of players that Gibson as paid out for.

And give them the kick up the ass when it is needed.

Monk in my opinion is simply to bloody soft on the players and they know they can get away with it.

Firstly I would give Tony Mowbray a second chance.

The reason is because in all fairness the guy was never given a chance the first time around 

he was given peanuts and the club wanted him to perform miracles and he did well with the misfits he had and was allowed to bring in.

He also brought in a few from the youth and gave them a chance he got the best out of Emnes which other managers have failed miserably to do.

He's a great motivator and I believe would be a great Boro manager second time around.

Second I would have to say Mick McCarthy.

Sorry but I just love the guy and his directness to the game.

Reminds me alot like Jacky Charlton when he walked through the gates at Ayresome Park.

He spoke they did and if they didn't he got rid.

Builds his team on a strong defence and moves forward from there.

It won't be classy but it will reap rewards.

I can't believe this thread actually a thing.

How come? You can't deny there's a lot of fans that would like Monk gone, so is interesting to see who's people's preferences would be.

Like I said in the title, it's not a discussion on whether he should be sacked as we've done that to death in separate threads.

I can't believe this thread actually a thing.

How come? You can't deny there's a lot of fans that would like Monk gone, so is interesting to see who's people's preferences would be.

Like I said in the title, it's not a discussion on whether he should be sacked as we've done that to death in separate threads.

It's a good thread in my opinion Jimmy and it's nice to see some names mentioned that are outside the usual suspects. I didn't think of Mick McCarthy but he was mentioned earlier and I believe he would be a good fit at Boro

Michael O'Neil seems to get a lot out of his players. I'd not be adverse to him coming in.

Yeah agreed, is he not taking the Scotland job? He does seem very good at motivating players as he got a lot out of that distinctly average NI squad. See also Dyche at Burnley.