oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

@JonathonTaylor1

24 hours on. Really hope #Boro & Monk prove everyone wrong. Hope fans are rewarded by a committed team playing in their image. I hope this is the low point of a memorable season. A massive fortnight coming up.

@thepinkponce Replying to @JonathonTaylor1

A massive two weeks, I agree. But only because it’s imperative that we have a proper manager in charge by the end of it, what with the busy Christmas period and January transfer window coming up.

@JonathonTaylor1 Replying to @thepinkponce

Felt like a tipping point yesterday. Let's see...

@thepinkponce Replying to @JonathonTaylor1

I don’t think there’s anyone left who supports him. One more defeat, especially at home and it’ll boil over. I think he’ll be gone this week.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually very patient with Managers, and was prepared to be extra patient due to relegation and the mass change the club decided on.

However, nothing Monk has tried has worked, the team look awful, the tactics don't match the team selection and I have nothing positive to hang on to in this seasons performances.

I'd rather Paul Stephenson stepped up from the U23's and take over.

Mr Maz I too have thought that the manager needed more time after the disaster of a season last year and with the high turnover of players in the close season but am also now coming around to the idea that there is no make or shape to our team and Monk doesn't seem to know how to change that. It is now surely time for Steve Gibson to make a decision for the benefit of the entire club

I'm usually very patient with Managers, and was prepared to be extra patient due to relegation and the mass change the club decided on.

However, nothing Monk has tried has worked, the team look awful, the tactics don't match the team selection and I have nothing positive to hang on to in this seasons performances.

Mr Maz I too have thought that the manager needed more time after the disaster of a season last year and with the high turnover of players in the close season but am also now coming around to the idea that there is no make or shape to our team and Monk doesn't seem to know how to change that. It is now surely time for Steve Gibson to make a decision for the benefit of the entire club

I feel like it is, but you never know with Gibbo. He may need to take the financial cost into account?

We need a major change in our tactical flexibility and application

I feel like it is, but you never know with Gibbo. He may need to take the financial cost into account?

We need a major change in our tactical flexibility and application

Agreed

I wonder how much it's going to cost to remove a manager and maybe an entire coaching team only appointed 5 months ago

You'd think if targets aren't met, there'd be a get-out close for us come the end of the season, which Gibson might prefer..

I wonder how much it's going to cost to remove a manager and maybe an entire coaching team only appointed 5 months ago

You'd think if targets aren't met, there'd be a get-out close for us come the end of the season, which Gibson might prefer..

It'll be a drop in the ocean compared to the money we've wasted on transfers recently. If it means selling a squad player in January to fund it then that's what we'll have to do.

Let's face it for the money we spent on Fletcher and Johnson we could have probably been able to afford most managers in world football for a few season's.

It'll be a drop in the ocean compared to the money we've wasted on transfers recently. If it means selling a squad player in January to fund it then that's what we'll have to do.

Let's face it for the money we spent on Fletcher and Johnson we could have probably been able to afford most managers in world football for a few season's.

Good point Duvel

I don't think we wasted that much money. 

Shotton maybe, but he's barely played.

Fletcher is a big final sum, but how is it spread? he's still very young and will improve.

The rest of the signings are fine - just need the right tactics and application

Did anyone think he post match press conference was the sign of a man who had lost control?! To me his interview was just going round in a circle. Not entirely sure the players are playing for him in any way shape or form

I thought the same. For a manager to criticize his players in public, says everything you need to know.

As a matter of interest who would you want to replace monk

Rightly or wrongly Gibson will give Monk time to turn this around, so I would be very surprised if Monk wasn't in charge against Ipswich, Monk was Gibson's No 1 target so I just don't see him sacking Monk at this present time.

I would be very surprised if he wasn't in charge of the Ipswich game too. But anything but a convincing win will lead to him gone, as far as I can see. We've had the upturn in form and one or two convincing games, if not as a unit, where our individual talent shone through. Britt's still been scoring goals, Downing and Christie have still been said to have a good partnership, Braithwaite showed the class of a man who should be playing in the Premier League... then we went to Leeds and it's all been back downhill from there.

The shining light in a***st all that was 1 supposedly good half of football before getting trounced by a team barely breaking out of their own half.

I don't think the players believe they can get promoted this season any more. The strong core of Championship players that we came down with has already been through the play-offs and suffered at Wembley, that won't fill them with hope. They've also been through promotion having been up at the top of the division for most the season and will know just how much has to be done to turn that around. Then there's players like Braithwaite who came in expecting to win the league and must now recognise that it's beyond improbable now. Perhaps there is just this huge elephant in the room that nobody even dares talk about right now?

The big thing for me is, given the nature of the task we now need to overcome to still get promoted, how do you lift this group of players? They look defeated. Something needs to happen and I seriously hope that the thing that needs to happen is not a change of manager. I want Monk to be the one to turn this around. But for all I've said about this fella being the captain of a team who went from League Two to the Premier League in a short space of time, it doesn't look like he's turned out to be much of a leader. If we assume that's beyond him, that perhaps he is still just another player in the dressing room without any inspiration, then I think at that point it's safe to say he's not the man who can lift this team out of its misery.

Did anyone think he post match press conference was the sign of a man who had lost control?! To me his interview was just going round in a circle. Not entirely sure the players are playing for him in any way shape or form

I thought the same. For a manager to criticize his players in public, says everything you need to know.

As a matter of interest who would you want to replace monk

I wouldn’t be surprised if Monk was to be relieved of duties we do not go for McClaren. Got to go experience if a change is made in my humble opinion