oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

Oh well looks like he is staying on after all. Could be a low crowd on saturday if fans has decided they don't want to see his football anymore. The only thing that is going to save Monk with the fans now is a convincing win against Ipswich followed up by another few wins on the bounce. I foresee a lacklustre draw.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@derekclarksport

Contrary to the rumours, Garry Monk has not quit Middlesbrough...I’m told the reports are nonsense

I seem to remember that journalist being very closely connected to Monk so is very pro Monk with his reporting. He says "Monk has not quit" so isn't accounting for if Gibson sacks him. Monk could well think he's safe but still be sacked today.

If Monk hasn't been sacked,all these people with sources within the club may want to check their sources :)

Could be yet another way of finding out who's leaking info.

Or just people craving attention?  :dodgy:

If Monk hasn't been sacked,all these people with sources within the club may want to check their sources :)

I dunno. The main reason I'd think it was testing leaks is because it's the perfect time for them to do it. The fans and most importantly the leaks are going to be easily convinced about the news that's being spread because most people expect it to happen sooner or later. This story has picked up so quickly, they'll now be pretty convinced where one or more of their leaks are within the club.

The fact it comes from people so usually spot on with things like team news only adds more fuel to that fire.

I dunno. The main reason I'd think it was testing leaks is because it's the perfect time for them to do it. The fans and most importantly the leaks are going to be easily convinced about the news that's being spread because most people expect it to happen sooner or later. This story has picked up so quickly, they'll now be pretty convinced where one or more of their leaks are within the club.

The fact it comes from people so usually spot on with things like team news only adds more fuel to that fire.

I hope they find out who is leaking the team actually. It annoys me every weekend that.

Well I will apologise if the info I was given is wrong. Just relaying what I was told from what I thought was a trusted person. That said if he stays then on we go.

No we are all hoping your right

Wow. Gazette pulling no punches there. Good to see that they are writing it as they see it.

Not that I disagree with the headlines, but clearly a bit of revenge in this from the Gazette. All three main journalists letting rip at the same time, all name checked on the back page.

In previous years they'd have 'calmed the storm', but they're showing the club what happens when they don't 'work together'.

Far better this way though, rather than a bunch of yes men papering over the cracks.

I can't remember the Gazette ever being so critical and Im going back decades. SG must be hurting badly to see the local paper turn on the club. I can't deny they have stated what most fans have voiced though. The pressure on the club is a huge burden to carry and I wonder how this will reflect on the club as a whole.