oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

Many on here have made issue over the coaching or lack of it, could it be that the main man with regards to coaching was Monk's assistant at Leeds Pep Clotet who decided not to come here,that could be one of the main reasons for our shortcomings that's my thoughts on it anyhow.

I definitely think not having an assistant manager hasn't helped the situation. It's ridiculous really why we didn't hire one, I'm guessing it's tied in with the Agnew situation. Just another example of the current ineptitude at the core of the club.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Many on here have made issue over the coaching or lack of it, could it be that the main man with regards to coaching was Monk's assistant at Leeds Pep Clotet who decided not to come here,that could be one of the main reasons for our shortcomings that's my thoughts on it anyhow.

I definitely think not having an assistant manager hasn't helped the situation. It's ridiculous really why we didn't hire one, I'm guessing it's tied in with the Agnew situation. Just another example of the current ineptitude at the core of the club.

I’m not sure... he brought 3-4guys in with him. Ok none have the title assistant manager but I’m sure he has the guys he wants

I’m not sure... he brought 3-4guys in with him. Ok none have the title assistant manager but I’m sure he has the guys he wants

If Clotet was so significant for him to work properly it is even weirder that he has brought 3-4 coaches and not a dedicated assistant.

If Clotet was so significant for him to work properly it is even weirder that he has brought 3-4 coaches and not a dedicated assistant.

I think he said that he wanted to bring Clotet, but he wanted to try his hand at management instead.

I think he said that he wanted to bring Clotet, but he wanted to try his hand at management instead.

I know which is why I think it's even weirder that another assistant hasn't been brought in. Someone with experience in that role. As soon as Shakespeare was sacked at Leicester we should have moved in to try and persuade him to come here as assistant.

I dont know what they've seen in Monk to convince them he's the right man because I haven't saw anything.

They've seen his 3 year contract - sacking is very expensive!

Gibbo's style is to let things get so bad the manager walks away without compensation (e.g. Strachan).

I dont know what they've seen in Monk to convince them he's the right man because I haven't saw anything.

Gibbo's style is to let things get so bad the manager walks away without compensation (e.g. Strachan).

I might be wrong but I'm sure most manager's contracts have clauses in them so that the full contract doesn't need paying up if they are sacked for poor performance.

What would the full contract cost to pay up anyway, a couple of million? That's one Ryan Shotton in the transfer window.

I might be wrong but I'm sure most manager's contracts have clauses in them so that the full contract doesn't need paying up if they are sacked for poor performance.

What would the full contract cost to pay up anyway, a couple of million? That's one Ryan Shotton in the transfer window.

It's on the back of paying Aitor and his staff off though, and we don't know what's happened with Agnew, is he still being paid or did we pay him off?  

Plus there's no obvious manager with championship experience currently without a club, so we'd probably have to go down the route of having to pay money to a club for their manager.  

If we are sticking with him, I think the financial aspect aspect of it is a big reason why.

He can have Shotton as part of his compensation package

It's on the back of paying Aitor and his staff off though, and we don't know what's happened with Agnew, is he still being paid or did we pay him off?  

Plus there's no obvious manager with championship experience currently without a club, so we'd probably have to go down the route of having to pay money to a club for their manager.  

If we are sticking with him, I think the financial aspect aspect of it is a big reason why.

We would loose alot more by not gaining promotion too, I'd of thought.

He can have Shotton as part of his compensation package

Deal!

Exactly

Exactly

I agree but he might be looking at it like: it's a weird league, a couple of wins for us and losses for the teams above us and it's swung round, then we'll get to the january window and build from there blah blah blah

FWIW I think it's going to have to be down to the fans to force it